Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

HJ Ski-Cap #2

Article about: Smaller size HJ Winter-Cap, Private Purchase Label, shows very little wear... cheers, Glenn

It's been authenticated by the manufacturer as an Original Pre-War Private Purchase Ski-Cap...That's what matters to me as a Collector, and that's why I am happy to have it in my collection...
    -Glenn-
    Last edited by GlennAgain; 03-29-2022 at 09:20 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ Ski-Cap #2
    P
    Many

?

No, I would pass, these companys lost their RZM Lic. if not following RZM regulations, he says seen several of these caps offered, dont some of these pics show the buckles & tongues on wrong side of cap? Here is same kid in pic discussed here also. Surprising Hitler Youth Winter cap - Hitler Youth Militaria Collector Forum

?

Is the second photo shown in post # 11 the same cap that originally started this thread? I ask the question, as the Edelweiss shown on the Landwacht cap in post # 9 is clearly visible in the photo.

Regards
    Brett

Regensburg is not located in former GDR. It's located in Bavaria.

I don't study these caps, but recognised authority on the subject, Wilhelm Saris has viewed this thread and has asked me to pass on the following information. Wim says of the cap:

'Whatever this cap is and whatever the manufacturer says, I question, as they did not even have RZM permission to manufacture HJ headgear or political headgear. For me the cap is post war, in spite of the fact one can find photos where young lads do wear this kind of cap with the brim. The buckle can be replaced by one with RZM markings, if it has such!'

Cheers,
    Steve

Thanks for the input...and thanks to Mr.Saris for his help as well, much appreciated! I understand that these are quite contentious and not necessarily everyone's "Cup of Tea" so to speak...I'll be sure to message the Manufacturer to let them know that they've been caught lying and don't know what they're talking about regarding their product history...Obviously, this means that the photos depicting such caps in wear are forgeries specifically created to fool collectors 75 years after the war...How could I be so naive, I ask...
    I'm very grateful for the many, many Experts that have rushed to assist me regarding this humble cap...
    -Glenn-

Glenn, I think what Wim is trying to tell you is that although such styled caps with the leather trim were worn in the war, this particular maker didn't make the official cap for HJ during the war. Sarcasm doesn't become you when people are only trying to help. But if you are happy with it, then that is all that matters.

Steve

Thank you for the info and the helpful link to the HJ Forum, which I have now joined as well...I find that I enjoy the learning that goes along with this hobby, especially from Experts such as yourself...
    -regards, Glenn-

No worries, Friend...I'm more irritated that Hutkoenig lied to me regarding their product history...
    That is not something I would ever have expected or even thought of...Hence my Vehemence that it was a pre-45 cap...-Glenn-

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3