Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

just found a ring with a snake and swastika on it????

Article about: I thought I had found everything but this was in my mothers jewelry box. Appears to be a childs nazi ring. It is so small it only fits over the first knuckle of my pinky. Does anyone know an

Default just found a ring with a snake and swastika on it????

just found a ring with a snake and swastika on it????

I thought I had found everything but this was in my mothers jewelry box. Appears to be a childs nazi ring. It is so small it only fits over the first knuckle of my pinky. Does anyone know anything about it? I assume it is silver, it is also broken but I have the piece, (what are the chances of that after 70 years.)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement just found a ring with a snake and swastika on it????
    P
    Many

Default Re: just found a ring with a snake and swastika on it????

it may not be from ww2 or even nazi Germany remember the swaztika before the nazi, was like a symbol of piece and good fortune !!

Did your father bring this back from his trip? Belonging to a HJ member would explain the small size, maybe he traded for it and down the road stashed it with your moms jewelry, I dont know anything about TR rings except most are fake, it is going to be very interesting to see what the experts say, cool item! I will stay tuned.

?

The ring looks more like some kind of trench art than it does a mass produced ring. Possibly a ring made by an HJ member or an HJ members father for him? Like WW2relichunter said, the swastika is an old symbol that was around waaayy before the Nazis came around. I have seen tiles with swastikas and porcelain handles for valves with the swastika on them as well.

I doubt this has anything to do with The Third Reich. Theres nothing particularly Nazi about the design and its of crude quality.

mpw
    ?

I agree with the above. Often the snake in jewelry form represents long life and the swastika good luck. So this ring could have been given to a child wishing them many years of good fortune.

Mark.

I agree that there is no evidence that this ring has any connection with the 3rd Reich, especially the Hitler Jugend.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

I do not think this is 3rd reich.
    But it does have some age to it, I do not think it fake , just not German.
    you are in New Jersey . Could be part of the American Nazi party that was there in WW2
    chris

Quote by cricketchris1944 View Post
    I do not think this is 3rd reich.
    But it does have some age to it, I do not think it fake , just not German.
    you are in New Jersey . Could be part of the American Nazi party that was there in WW2
    chris
    There was never an American Nazi Party in the USA during WW2. It would have been banned and it's members treated as hostile aliens. You may be referring the the German American Bund that existed in the USA before the war. By the time Hitler decalared war on the USA, it was long gone. Their headquarters was a tavern and meeting hall on N. Western Av. in Chicago in the center of the German American community.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Sorry not during the war but pre-war
    But yes I am talking about the German American Bund from New-jersey.
    chris

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast