Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Volksdeutsche h j unit flag?

Article about: Attached are pictures of what i believe to be a Hitler Youth Volksdeutsche Gefolgschaftfahne. The standard Gefolgschaftfahne would have unit numbers in the corner patch. This flag has the na

Default Volksdeutsche h j unit flag?

Attached are pictures of what i believe to be a Hitler Youth Volksdeutsche Gefolgschaftfahne. The standard Gefolgschaftfahne would have unit numbers in the corner patch. This flag has the name of a place or thing. At first, i thought possibly this could be the name of a school. I finally turned to Google, which brought up Adolfstal as a village in Yugoslavia. Possibly, this was a Volksdeutsche village. If so, it is possible that the area was not large enough to encompass a normal H J unit structure, thus, the village name on the corner patch.
    I would appreciate anyone's thoughts on this flag. It is in pristeen condition, leading me to think it had never been awarded.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Volksdeutsche h j unit flag?   Volksdeutsche h j unit flag?  

BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Volksdeutsche h j unit flag?
    P
    Many

SS Ring Man
    ?

Default Re: Volksdeutsche h j unit flag?

Another good item

Hi Bob, it is a beautiful looking flag. I have always had a fondness for the HJ design.

I did a search on the place name and also came up with a possible candidate in Czechoslovakia.

Cheers, Ade.

Demien
    ?

Adolfstal was a smal town in Serbia ex Yugoslavia and it dasent exsist any more, it was completly destroyed by the titos bandits after the 2 WW, becourse it was populated only by german nationality !!!

D

Bob, if this flag ever comes for sale, I'll buy it instantly...

?

If any of these flags will be for sale I'am open to deal too
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Form an orderly queue guys LOL

Cheers, Ade.

very nice piece, one you wont see often!

If this is indeed from Bosnia the H.J. unit could have worn the "Reichs-deutcheJugend, Auslander" worded Gebiet triangle and the "D.J." cyphered H.J. shoulder straps. There was an H.J. Bann from Bosnia that wore these straps, "Deutche Jugend 1" for Kroatien -Bann 1 Ostsyrmien. Just a possibly that could be further explored. A rare flag nonetheless which demands further research IMO to positively confirm which H.J. Bann used it in the period IMO.

The Banns from Kroatien were named and numbered as follows:

Bann 1 Ostsyrmien
    Bann 2 Save-Donau
    Bann 3 Unterdrau
    Bann 4 Mitteldrau

It is possible they wore the "Ausland" triangle or a triangle with the name as an "Ober Zips" triangle has been documented for Slowakei - Bann " Ober Zips" "D.J. 3".

Triangle photo from Helmut Weitze. Straps photo from my collection. Bann information from "Sonny" and Wim Saris.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Volksdeutsche h j unit flag?   Volksdeutsche h j unit flag?