Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

What Are These Tinnies?

Article about: Annoyed from this ads?   Name: DSC02946.jpg  Views: 0  Size: 160.1 KB  ID: 796786 class= thumbnail style= float:CONFIG /> Of course I know the first one at top left is a

Default What Are These Tinnies?

What Are These Tinnies? What Are These Tinnies?

Of course I know the first one at top left is a conventional HJ membership badge which I have included for review, size comparison, and any opinions as to authenticity. The others I would like to know more exactly what they are; the one at top right is obviously another HJ item, and is marked Siepert & Sohne, Ludenschied, but I doubt the other is HJ though they were bought together. In addition to the large 75 in the center ( marking an anniversary? ), it also appears to say Munner Turnerein Allenberg Tag - 30. 6. 1935 but I'm not certain I'm reading the script right. Any information about these would be appreciated!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What Are These Tinnies?
    P
    Many

I'll take a stab at these...

1) This looks like an 'Otto Hoffman' pin to me...and to the best of my knowledge I believe that these are not original.

2) This piece is from the HJ Sportfest in 1936. These range in years and materials from 1933-1943.

3) This is a 75th anniversary tinnie for the manner Turnverein Allenburg.

Quote by winterhilfswerk Book View Post
    I'll take a stab at these...

1) This looks like an 'Otto Hoffman' pin to me...and to the best of my knowledge I believe that these are not original.

2) This piece is from the HJ Sportfest in 1936. These range in years and materials from 1933-1943.

3) This is a 75th anniversary tinnie for the manner Turnverein Allenburg.
    Thanks - the HJ is in fact marked on the back Otto Hoffmann - Ges Gesh; are all of these fakes, or are there some originals too? And can I assume the 1936 Sportsfest is good?

They all seem okay to me...Hitler Youth Membership "Raute"...1936 Hitler Youth Sport's Fest, and a Men's Gymnastics Club 75th Anniversary Tinnie...
    Glenn
    Last edited by bigmacglenn; 02-02-2015 at 11:40 PM.

Sorry Glenn I do not agree. From everything that I have read 'Otto Hoffmann' never made anything other than cloth items during the TR Era. This maker can be found on all of the HJ 'Skittle Badges' that are littered all over the various auction sites.

The other two are obviously 100% original like you mentioned above.

You're right, I agree with you, the HJ cap badge is fake, the other two are original...
    I need to buy your book, lol...!
    cheers, Glenn