Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Advice on HJ knife real?

Article about: Can across this HJ knife up for sale for fairly cheap. Would like to see what you all say on here about it. I don’t know too much about these.

Default Advice on HJ knife real?

Can across this HJ knife up for sale for fairly cheap. Would like to see what you all say on here about it. I don’t know too much about these. Advice on HJ knife real?Advice on HJ knife real?Advice on HJ knife real?Advice on HJ knife real?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Advice on HJ knife real?
    P
    Many

Hello Sherm..this HJ knife is correct for being a late production knife.

The RZM number ,, logo and the and appears to be iron based is correct as well.

There should be 1 cloth runner inside the scabbard.

The HJ Collectors will be along shortly to confirm the details I stated.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks for the info. I’ll see what it’s going for and possibly pick it up. Looks in decent shape.

A little rough but authentic late period HJ, rather interestingly toward the end of production ( ending 1942) some manufacturers brought back their maker marks in addition to the RZM marks on the knives. Even the diamond is a late type so probably original to the knife (unless you can see some glue).

Any idea on what it might be worth?

Quote by Sherm45 View Post
    Any idea on what it might be worth?
    What is the forsale pricetag that you stated in your first post ?

Condition desirability and rarity is valued differently on ever example.
    To get an idea price tag it would be best to compare with some dealer pricing ...and take off 20% of their markup.

We are not a valuation service and it would be best to compare with dealers mentioned above.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Hello Sherm..this HJ knife is correct for being a late production knife.

The RZM number ,, logo and the and appears to be iron based is correct as well.

There should be 1 cloth runner inside the scabbard.

The HJ Collectors will be along shortly to confirm the details I stated.

Regards Larry
    Larry i agree its a nice period knife but i disagree on the details.
    I know the early stamped trade mark sets you off, but Wüsthof used his transistional Logo till the end of their production.
    Here you see their 1940 production, also in alloy and with full logo as well, just like their early thinblade.

imo its an zink allow based hilt, it would also make no sense being a 1941 marked knife and then not having a zink alloy hilt.
    Looking at the pity without any rust it surely looks like ZinK
    Im convinced a that late knife will surely have 2 runners in the scabbard, as the latest batch with the single runner has been produced around 1936

Ger
    Advice on HJ knife real?
    Advice on HJ knife real?
    Advice on HJ knife real?