Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Anton Wingen HJ knife

Article about: My newest addition arrived in the mail today. This one definitely has a lot of "character". Any opinions would be most appreciated. Thanks. Todd

Default Anton Wingen HJ knife

My newest addition arrived in the mail today. This one definitely has a lot of "character". Any opinions would be most appreciated. Thanks.

Todd

Anton Wingen HJ knifeAnton Wingen HJ knifeAnton Wingen HJ knifeAnton Wingen HJ knifeAnton Wingen HJ knife

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Anton Wingen HJ knife
    P
    Many

Hope you didn't drop too much on this one! A lot of um "character" as you say.

I hate to tell you this but um....that scabbard is missing some paint.

Other than that, I like it. I would replace the scabbard if I were you, then it would be a beauty.

Been around the block a few times...but still authentic and early. Anton Wingen is a great early maker. Thankyou for sharing . Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

This one won the throwing into the tree contest for sure......
    I can see it firmly sticking in that tree, it was his Lucky day....he was the first to be thrown......while other knives hitting the gripplates, hurting it, i hear breaking plates, see the enamal chips of the diamond flying around and my heart is breaking.........
    I hope when im 70 i do not have that many "character" like this poor old knife.....but its an Original thin blade for sure

Ger

One thing about the famed HJ knives...they were Definitely Not made to be ornamental! They were intended to be used and used they Were! There's just something about boys and knives in any generation, country or era! You can always pick up a minty shiny example sometime in the future, but this old veteran has Been there and must certainly have an amazing personal history to it!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thanks everyone. The image of the HJ boys whipping their knives into that tree was the first thing that popped into my mind when I saw this one for sale. Funny enough, if you get a bunch of 18 year old Marines in the woods with Ka-Bars, they do pretty much the same thing. Also, the price was definitely reflected by the condition. Cheers!

a good salty one.

?

a good old hj knife

Used and abused, on more than 1 summer camp ;-)))
    Mfg
    Marc