Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Carl Heidelberg HJ Knife

Article about: I was going to buy this knife but since this is my first edged weapon I am purchasing, I want to make sure that this is a real knife. From what I read this knife has the characteristics of a

Has that dome clasp button been painted black over original green? The reason I ask is a dealer site I sometimes buy stuff from, had an HJ knife with one of these large green dome clasps. I recall he believed it to be a post war addition.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Carl Heidelberg HJ Knife
    P
    Many

"Does it has 1 or 2 runners in the scabbard?" I know you said the runners were in the scabbard but what do they look like?

"Has that dome clasp button been painted black over original green?" The seller had said on the original post that the obverse scabbard rivet was missing so he replaced it with a post war one.
    Last edited by Jetthead; 02-03-2018 at 08:57 PM.

?

This is how a runner looks like, it is the inside spring that holds the blade.
    Early ones have one on the front, later types have 2 : 1 up front and one on the back
    Carl Heidelberg HJ Knife

I just looked I only see one runner inside.

?

So it looks exactly like the one i showed?
    Just 1 runner on the frontside?
    If so then its an early one with a replaced strap.

regards
    Ger

"Just one runner in the front side?" From what I can see that is what it looks like, this is how the scabbard looks on the inside.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Carl Heidelberg HJ Knife   Carl Heidelberg HJ Knife  

?

Ok clear to see that the frontside runner is missing.
    This is a later type scabbard and imo the knife has not been issued with this scabbard.

Regards
    Ger

I had no idea that the frontside runner was missing. Thank you for clearing that up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2