Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

The cellar HJ knife

Article about: Dear Members, This is my latest addition to the "relic" side of my collection. I really like these battered items I have to say. As the story goes: A random individual found it in

Default The cellar HJ knife

Dear Members,

This is my latest addition to the "relic" side of my collection. I really like these battered items I have to say.
    As the story goes: A random individual found it in their cellar while working on the foundations. Blade was broken in two, so they have "fixed" it. I let you judge the fix, I don't mind it.

My knowledge doesn't go too far with HJ knives, but I gathered this is an early one, the motto still visible and has C&R. Linden, Weyer-Solingen and Ges. Geschützt markings on it.
    Although I didn't take before photos, but the condition on the photos show after cleaning. It was all rusted and flakey at some spots. The bakelite grips are both moving and obviously broken, the diamond is battered too, but still in place and shows a little detail.
    I got it for basically pennies, I find it a nice addition to my relic knives collection.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The cellar HJ knife   The cellar HJ knife  

The cellar HJ knife   The cellar HJ knife  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The cellar HJ knife
    P
    Many

original and not so common maker HJ Knife, a pity to see it in such shape

For sure it is in Relic condtion and will fit nicely in that type of collection
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill