Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

"Christians Motto HJ in excellent condition"

Article about: Found this on the WAF e-stand: E-stand "Christians Motto HJ in excellent condition" - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums Seller described as: "I have this excellent shape H

Default "Christians Motto HJ in excellent condition"

Found this on the WAF e-stand: E-stand "Christians Motto HJ in excellent condition" - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Seller described as: "I have this excellent shape HJ for sale. It is unsharpened and in deluxe condition. The scabbard has not been repainted, it is in 98 + original paint. Please see pictures for condition. It is hard to take a picture of the blade as it is so shiny. Per request, a few more pictures of the blade. There are 3 very small scratches above the E in Ehre, hardly noticeable to the eye, there is a small ding in the bottom front middle part of blade, and a faint thumb smudge on the back side toward tip. One has to turn the blade in certain ways and angles to see these."

Any red flags on this I may be overlooking? Lakeside Trader put together a nice education guide here Error 404 | Lakesidetrader

One thing that jumps out at me is the HJ diamond isn't gold, but looks more silver in the e-stand photos.

Blade is really nice which is another hmm for me, and there are some discrepancies (in my opinion) between the motto lettering style and the example given by LST. One on The Ruptured Duck also had a slightly different style motto. So I don't know if it's just the angle of the photos or if different manufacturers had different styling for the motto. Diamond does rock back and forth as is to be expected. Thanks.

"Christians Motto HJ in excellent condition""Christians Motto HJ in excellent condition""Christians Motto HJ in excellent condition""Christians Motto HJ in excellent condition""Christians Motto HJ in excellent condition""Christians Motto HJ in excellent condition""Christians Motto HJ in excellent condition""Christians Motto HJ in excellent condition""Christians Motto HJ in excellent condition""Christians Motto HJ in excellent condition"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement "Christians Motto HJ in excellent condition"
    P
    Many

Looks like a nice knife. I think the hanger was originally brown, scabbard paint seems original, appears to have front attached runner. A bit of light & glare in those photos.

It's now at a sale pending funds status.