Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Could use some help

Article about: Hello, new to collecting, just picked up this HJ dagger. Was hoping you all could authenticate it for me and perhaps a value. And well, anything you make know about it. Thanks

Default Could use some help

Hello,
    new to collecting, just picked up this HJ dagger.
    Was hoping you all could authenticate it for me and perhaps a value.
    And well, anything you make know about it.

Thanks
    Could use some helpCould use some helpCould use some helpCould use some helpCould use some help

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Could use some help
    P
    Many

Well you have an authentic early HJ knife without ricasso, made by GRAWISO, also known as Gebruder Grafrath, from the 1933-36 period. The blade has suffered some pitting but the shape is good. Leather blade buffer is missing, but that's quite common. Motto still visible which is a bonus. Overall a tidy example and good first knife for your collection.

What value would you put on this item?

Boggs,

Our website does not evaluate price estimates on artifacts. This is a subjective topic and prices will vary by numerous factors and rather than focus on how much an item is worth we focus more on the historical application of the artifacts.

There are plenty of auction sites and other venues where you can search for the price of your items.

Best regards,

Smitty

?

Im not convinced the scabbard original belongs to this early thinblade.
    It looks it has a black leather strap instead of the brown one i would expect on an early one.
    Does it have 1 or 2 springs inside the scabbard?
    if its one on front then it should be ok.

Cheers
    Ger