Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

DJ Pocket knife

Article about: This is a pocket knife with sig rune made by Utica Cutlery, circa 1930's. the blades are unsharpened. This is being sold on the Flying Tiger Antiques Online Store for \\$345.00 . It's labled a

Default Re: DJ Pocket knife

Thanks for posting this Dean I will post this photo with the Best of the Worst Thread. Stuff like this needs to be photo collected and seen by the collecting community for what it is. Thanks again
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DJ Pocket knife
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: DJ Pocket knife

No problem, that's why I posted it.. For reference.It can be a useful example of what NOT to buy.
    Dean

?

Hi Dean,

there are TR pocket knives that are real and have roughly the size of the knife you showed.
    I have seem them with the SA rune in the plate, but its not an inlay, the plate is white and it has a cirkel with the SA rune just above the center of the plate.
    Material is bakelite, plate is casted in one piece.
    its a pity i didnt have any pictures taken of the knife.

Ger

?

Thanks for the info, Ger.
    This is a learning tool. I'd like to see the SA model you speak of.

$900.- and this one could be yours...LINK
    DJ Pocket knife

?

Hehe.. Nice, but it cannot be mine. I spent my cash on a W-SS tunic the other day..can't buy anything for a while.

?

what will they make next?

I started a separate thread in the main forum,,concerning Metalwarenfabriks supreme find..of a high end pen knife..here is the link to the discussion.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/dagge...-knife-330074/
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Randbemerkung:

Nobody questioned this DJ pocketknife when it was shown at WAF 4 years ago. Image below, link ► HERE /post 23 ◄
    DJ Pocket knife

Is there any source information on this DJ knife that this was supposed to be part of the standard issue per orders of the NSDAP?
    Source information has surfaced concerning all other edged weapons both political and no non political.

If these are period..it is possible these were made by a non participating firm..unless we can see a producer logo on this particular pen knife. I am sure alot of Non standard knives and cutlery were made that we not accepted into the RZM..or were not deemed Political..but more as "keep sakes"..I would have no doubt in my mind if this were so...but as a part of the requested uniform?....hard to say.

If this were the case..and as there were more Youth than adults..them more of these would of surfaced..in greater amounts..as all the "Youth Of Age' were requested to carry these. But we dont see these pen knives. The ratio of adults to children during that time...is on an average..about 4-1...then times that amount by all the families in Germany..during that period and the end result would be millions of these pen knives..........but where are these knives now?

IMO...these were made by a blade producer but not to be an item of standard issue. Regards Larry

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast