Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is this a fantasy HJ knife

Article about: Babini ....Please you are not doing us any favors by protecting us from cans of worms and your welcome to post links to those other forums. Post those links and you wont have to say a word R

?

Default Is this a fantasy HJ knife

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this a fantasy HJ knife
    P
    Many

SS Motto on an HJ knife..yes I would say so....can you provide more photos?
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Trying to get more I found this exact example, plus others with slight differences in the pommel etching and motto in Volume 2 of German Daggers by Thomas M. Johnson. This discovery implies they are real, although I've never seen one at a show or even for sale on a website. The one shown in the Johnson book has a Wustoff maker mark.

?

?

Ok, I just read a sh*t-ton of posts about this dagger on several forums. I've reached my conclusion, but I don't want to open a can of worms so I'm going to keep it to myself. Thanks Larry C. for the reply though!

How do the rest of us minions learn anything If you keep it to yourself.
    John

Babini ....Please you are not doing us any favors by protecting us from cans of worms and your welcome to post links to those other forums.

Post those links and you wont have to say a word

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

The knife itself is nothing unusual, just another version of the close combat knife popular from WW1. Knife variations were made into the 1930's as a private purchase knife. To this someone had added etching of the blade and hilt. Is it RZM approved? No. Was it etched during the TR? harder to be sure, but I would think more likely post war from 1960's when people like the Jim Atwood found Solingen craftsmen happy to recreate their magic. Is it a coincidence that the knife appears in a book by Thomas M. Johnson, a close business associate of Atwood?

During the early TR era there were some (legitimate period) knives made with political themes. Private enterprise at work, the themes that were not always consistent with what they should have been. With the adoption of government rules for NSDAP items that stoped. That said, fakes have been manufactured so caution is advised and close inspections are (IMO) necessary. Best Regards, Fred

?

Babini, please give more photos, it is interesting to study such items.

Fred, you are right to examine this knife carefully. It may have lived with plain plastic linings and someone replaced them with horn linings.

P.S. Sorry to be off topic. Fred check your private messages on WA

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast