Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

German NSDSTB student youth knife

Article about: by Wagriff Why, I can't Imagine which dealer you're talking about, Fred.... *cough* *cough* *cough* In this particular case think of the opposite of the West Coast. *cough* Fred

?

To me its quite simple in this case: the only RZM regulations ever found so far mentioning only the one and only HJ/DJ Fahrtenmesser.
    All others like, Students, marines etc. are bogus and post war assembled.

Come with Original RZM regulations and i will change my opinion, other then that, a book that published certain daggers doesnt make them originals.
    As there are quite a few errors in that one.

Ger

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German NSDSTB student youth knife
    P
    Many

?

I'm not telling the truth with this knife.. I'm just showing you what I have. I bought it. He didn't bring me ruin..But only as an interesting topic.

And no criticism of you Ollar, we appreciate your contribution to this healthy debate.

?

This thin blade early hj knife is pre RZM regs, it has early griplate design which you cannot buy anywhere, only RZM type griplates can be bought & no-one can be sure they are NOS or post war, just a few points for you guys to consider, it is an interesting topic to me ollar & thanks for showing it along with the X ray pix.

?

I do agree with Frogprince that period docs are by far the best thing to prove if these existed. I feel good (not 'sure') about Ollar's knife because in other HJ threads, one of the main points against other knives was that no one could prove the diamonds were put in the right way. This knife seems to have that sorted out pretty well. Show me a green or blue diamond installed properly and I'll likely change my tune.

Would I buy this knife before a regular textbook HJ? No. But I do think it has a better chance then some HJ variants. Sometimes new stuff pops up, look at the "Gelobt Sei Was Hart Macht" HJ daggers. Lots of folks here believe they are period.

?

Членский знак Студенческого союза, с миниатюрой. Клеймо: "RZM M 1/15"+"RZM M 1/52" - Фалеристика Германии 1700-1945 гг.

I think because the needle and pin were on the student's rhombus... like Hitler youth...Anything is possible!!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German NSDSTB student youth knife   German NSDSTB student youth knife  

?

Quote by Mac 66 View Post
    This thin blade early hj knife is pre RZM regs, it has early griplate design which you cannot buy anywhere, only RZM type griplates can be bought & no-one can be sure they are NOS or post war, just a few points for you guys to consider, it is an interesting topic to me ollar & thanks for showing it along with the X ray pix.
    To me the X ray proves that this is done post war
    Clear to see is that the prongs are not pressed to the inside of the gripplate and the entire diamond seems to be pressed from te outside and they will be pressed outside and bend on the knives tang, but will not go up....
    If you would assemble this the normal way, the prongs would be bend to the inside of the gripplate and should line up with the inside of the gripplate.
    In the way that its attachted now the diamond would almost be very loose in the gripplate, to me that makes no sense.
    After that the front and reverse plate would be assembled to the hilt buy the rivets.

just my thoughts….
    Ger

?

Quote by gerrit View Post
    Clear to see is that the prongs are not pressed to the inside of the gripplate and the entire diamond seems to be pressed from te outside and they will be pressed outside and bend on the knives tang, but will not go up....
    If you would assemble this the normal way, the prongs would be bend to the inside of the gripplate and should line up with the inside of the gripplate.
    In the way that its attachted now the diamond would almost be very loose in the gripplate, to me that makes no sense.
    After that the front and reverse plate would be assembled to the hilt buy the rivets.

just my thoughts….
    Ger

And good thoughts they are too mate, i had thought about that too , it could be done but would be very difficult because of the little hole in the griplate recess, so maybe someone enlarged the hole to make it easier to feed the two tangs through the hole & wiggle/push into place taking there time, also remember there is very little space between the griplate hole & the inside of the hilt, tangs can be easily bent & damaged doing this job, would i agree it was done during the period, NO

Cheers Mac 66

?

Careful!!! Fantasy will lead you far!

Quote by gerrit View Post

just my thoughts….
    Ger
    Ger, A very good observation that is well stated. PS: Just for overall collector reference purposes - because some of them are probably still in circulation here is one of the variations of the "Blue Diamond" fantasy examples. Best Regards, Fred
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German NSDSTB student youth knife  

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast