Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help! Late War Hitler Youth Knife Authentication

Article about: I need help authenticating this dagger. I’ve been told it’s a late war model. What throws me off is the bubble pattern on the hanger and the fact that it’s completely unmarked. I’ve

Question Help! Late War Hitler Youth Knife Authentication

I need help authenticating this dagger. I’ve been told it’s a late war model. What throws me off is the bubble pattern on the hanger and the fact that it’s completely unmarked. I’ve been unable to find any other examples of either of these online. Any advice or help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance

Help! Late War Hitler Youth Knife AuthenticationHelp! Late War Hitler Youth Knife AuthenticationHelp! Late War Hitler Youth Knife AuthenticationHelp! Late War Hitler Youth Knife AuthenticationHelp! Late War Hitler Youth Knife Authentication

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help! Late War Hitler Youth Knife Authentication
    P
    Many

The scabbard could be Mis matched to the knife but both look good to me. It could actually be a post war German Boy Scouts knife with the hj insignia added as they where mostly un marked but I doubt that.

Everything consistent with a late production HJ, including lack of a maker mark. Pebbled leather was being used on hangers around 1942.

Quote by Anderson View Post
    Everything consistent with a late production HJ, including lack of a maker mark. Pebbled leather was being used on hangers around 1942.
    Same basic opinion. In this case judging from production for the Wehrmacht 1942 IMO would have also been the end of production well before the end of the year. Best Regards, Fred,

?

I dont know why you made this a separate post, as you already posted it 6 days before, and i explained you exactly what this knife is, but if thats not good enough for you, well then you had my last reply.
    i quote:

"The knife on the right side shows a very late strap, with the artificial bubbling leather, that bubbling pattern is original on very late knife, and these very late knives sometimes bear a inkstamped logo, which in a lot of cases is that worn that they dont even show."

Ger

Quote by gerrit View Post
    I dont know why you made this a separate post, as you already posted it 6 days before, and i explained you exactly what this knife is, but if thats not good enough for you, well then you had my last reply.
    i quote:

"The knife on the right side shows a very late strap, with the artificial bubbling leather, that bubbling pattern is original on very late knife, and these very late knives sometimes bear a inkstamped logo, which in a lot of cases is that worn that they dont even show."

Ger
    He was told to post separately the knives ...which on this example he did.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    He was told to post separately the knives ...which on this example he did.

Regards Larry
    Hi Larry thx for clearing that up bro.
    I didnt see any reply to do so in the previous post with the knives, so i might be another post originally where it was asked, i couldn't see that.
    I'm currently having problems with my crystal Ball, damn thing blurs out half of the time.
    So in that case its my bad, sorry... might be the reaction of having been laid a bit less lately

Ger

Quote by gerrit View Post
    Hi Larry thx for clearing that up bro.
    I didnt see any reply to do so in the previous post with the knives, so i might be another post originally where it was asked, i couldn't see that.
    I'm currently having problems with my crystal Ball, damn thing blurs out half of the time.
    So in that case its my bad, sorry... might be the reaction of having been laid a bit less lately

Ger
    ...it might be time to try another kind of recreation

It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill