Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Hitler Jugend authentication, worn grips

Article about: Hi guys, I've just come into possession of a HJ knife, I'm just a little worried about the grip plates. It seems as if they've worn down a little near the belt loop. Is that normal? Also, th

Default Hitler Jugend authentication, worn grips

Hi guys, I've just come into possession of a HJ knife, I'm just a little worried about the grip plates. It seems as if they've worn down a little near the belt loop. Is that normal? Also, the snap button has a maker but I've never heard of it before. Thank you in advance for your help, Mike
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hitler Jugend authentication, worn grips   Hitler Jugend authentication, worn grips  

Hitler Jugend authentication, worn grips   Hitler Jugend authentication, worn grips  

Hitler Jugend authentication, worn grips   Hitler Jugend authentication, worn grips  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hitler Jugend authentication, worn grips
    P
    Many

Hi!
    Good one transitional knife form 1938, but it looks like there is a bit of glue next to the diamond. Do you have a closer sharp photo of this area?
    ---and the blade may have been sharpened close to the tip.

What is written on the patent? (All photos are very blurry)

I see your concern. Something odd with the grip plate wear as it occurs on both sides but at different ends. I can't see why in normal use it would wear like that. It could be someone has sanded the edge to fit it to the hilt. Which would suggest the grip plates could have been switched, they do crack and break. I'm also seeing some blackening of the rivet heads which may be contrived. Is the hilt steel or alloy?