Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Hitler Jugend Knife Opinions Please

Article about: I would appreciate an opinion on this HJ knife. I am not convinced original. The maker should be Carl & Robert Linder, Solingen, if my research was accurate. The blade heavily cleaned (I

Default Hitler Jugend Knife Opinions Please

I would appreciate an opinion on this HJ knife. I am not convinced original. The maker should be Carl & Robert Linder, Solingen, if my research was accurate. The blade heavily cleaned (IMHO) as compared to the scabbard being in good condition. The diamond is chipped but does not look original to me. The price is $225 which does not raise red flags but is on the high side. All opinions are appreciated. Thank you for looking and taking the time to opine.
    John

Hitler Jugend Knife Opinions PleaseHitler Jugend Knife Opinions PleaseHitler Jugend Knife Opinions Please
    Last edited by Rescue190; 04-07-2020 at 02:49 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hitler Jugend Knife Opinions Please
    P
    Many

OK, let's straighten something out. You mean Hitler Jugend - not Juden. Not sure if you realize your faux pas. Indeed, a high price fore something damaged. I don't collect these items so others need to chime in. NH

The scabbard has been repainted,grips look too new,not an expert but nothing looks right about it to me.I wouldn't buy it,JMO

Quote by Neil Hever View Post
    OK, let's straighten something out. You mean Hitler Jugend - not Juden. Not sure if you realize your faux pas. Indeed, a high price fore something damaged. I don't collect these items so others need to chime in. NH
    Corrected, Thank you. Bad faux pas.
    John

Thank you for the advice from both. I will pass on this. Much appreciated.
    John

The maker is actually Artur Schuttelhofer & Co, and appart from the scabbard being repainted black, most likely fairly recently, there is nothing wrong with it. The rivets for these 1938-42 knives are often slightly larger than with other makers and can appear a little odd. But it's normal. Here's another M7/13 of similar period with this type of rivet.Not best photo as blade ground
    Hitler Jugend Knife Opinions Please

I could add the late M7/13 HJ knives (1941/42) do show signs of grip plates not fitting well. Signs this knife in question also shows.

Thanks for correcting! After seeing the comments of others I think you should pursue a better example. NH