Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hitler Youth Knife

Article about: Hello forum users. I bouth the knife from the action today and I would ike to hear your opinion. Thank you.

?

Default Hitler Youth Knife

Hello forum users.
    I bouth the knife from the action today and I would ike to hear your opinion.
    Hitler Youth KnifeHitler Youth KnifeHitler Youth KnifeHitler Youth KnifeHitler Youth Knife
    Thank you.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hitler Youth Knife
    P
    Many

Hi Oleg ...firstly ..... what is it about this knife you want to hear an opinion on since you had already bought it.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Hi Larry,

Unfortunantly, I didn't have a chance to put the knife on the forum before the action.
    I believe that it is original one and that is why Iim asking for opinions.
    Thank you.

So you bought this knife before having it authenticated?

I never seen a 1936 HJ RZM number before and I have no data on that year...only what I have starts in 1937 and onward.
    Something Anderson could clarify

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

yes.

1. If you had bought an HJ leader dagger for $ 5000 US without researching it first and found out it was a good fake and there was no return policy ...what would you do?

2. Why didnt you research the HJ knife you posted first before purchasing it from an auction house?

Anymore I just shake my head in disbelief

Bad etchings both sides. Fair amount of refurbishing here, leather hanger strap fastener looks like a replacement, new leather buffer, I'm still debating whether the grips have been off and a HJ diamond fitted. This could be a post war Scout knife retro -ed into an HJ. Not one I'd buy.

?

Mr Anderson thanks for that diagnosis. Larry you as well. I am seeing the same thing. I attempted to locate or find anything with a 36 rzm number and have found nothing. I see lots of ware to this knife but it does not look consistent. Blade looks like it has been overly cleaned after receiving artificial patina. Grip does not fit lower cross guard well. Scabbard looks to have more patina and use than rest of the knife.

Again thanks for the info helps me learn. Hopefully I can start figuring the etched out.

Thanks Tim.

?

Gents …I think this knife is a good one , I had the opportunity to snag one of these and I didn’t (and regret it) … and I believe you can see it in Nathan’s series reference books - dan

?

I continue to look at this one. Mr. Anderson provides an excellent thread which is posted below showing 7/14 is a valid manufacturer. I can not however find a 1936 dated example to compare to. This leaves me uneasy. Does the reference you refer to have an photos example? I am still concerned with the wear on this dagger being a put together and the in ability to find an authentic example. Even finding an authentic 1936 rzm marked etched blade would make me feel better but 1937 is as early as I have found. I am definitely not an expert so I am using this thread to learn.

RZM code M7 Dagger makers who DID NOT MAKE HJ knives

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast