Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Hitler Youth Knife by Eickhorn: A Good Deal?

Article about: Hi, all. I was wondering what you guys thought about this HJ knife that I was considering purchasing. I know it's pretty salty, but it appears to me to be a genuine, earlier HJ knife. It is

Exclamation Hitler Youth Knife by Eickhorn: A Good Deal?

Hi, all. I was wondering what you guys thought about this HJ knife that I was considering purchasing. I know it's pretty salty, but it appears to me to be a genuine, earlier HJ knife. It is marked for Carl Eickhorn, Solingen with "Ges Geschutzt" under that. The etching on the blade is very faint but can be made out. The grips seem nice and tight and there is no damage to the enamel. The leather seems okay and the scabbard is free of dents but it just basically has none of it's paint left. In this condition am I correct that the value is somewhere around $225-$250 USD? I am being offered this knife for $125 and just wanted to make sure it was a good deal.

Thanks for taking a looke and for all the help!

Best,
    Adam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hitler Youth Knife by Eickhorn: A Good Deal?   Hitler Youth Knife by Eickhorn: A Good Deal?  

Hitler Youth Knife by Eickhorn: A Good Deal?   Hitler Youth Knife by Eickhorn: A Good Deal?  

Hitler Youth Knife by Eickhorn: A Good Deal?   Hitler Youth Knife by Eickhorn: A Good Deal?  

Hitler Youth Knife by Eickhorn: A Good Deal?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hitler Youth Knife by Eickhorn: A Good Deal?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Hitler Youth Knife by Eickhorn: A Good Deal?

I'm the 21st guy to have a look, and I'd say yes ! It appears good to me.
    I've heard of these are getting close to $500 in excellent condition !
    $125 is a great price for this with the original scabbard, I think !

( I'm not an expert in the HJ knife field as I only have one,
    so I'd wait if you can for a few other replies, just to be sure....! )

Regards, Steve.

Hi Adam, I can't make out the Eickhorn logo, but it appears that it is the logo of the squirrel. If that is the logo on this knife, that means it was made in 1941 or earlier because that logo was discontinued in 1942. Eickhorn made alot of these, I don't know the exact number. I'm like Steve, I don't know alot about them. But before I saw the price that was being asked, I was thinking that it would go for at least $200 in the states, even in that condition. $125 is a super buy, I wouldn't pass that up. This is almost one of those deals, "to good to be true" so be careful. I've seen the knife alone in that condition go frequently for $125, without the scabbard. Good luck if you decide to pull the trigger on it.

Jay

Thanks very much for the feedback, guys. Very unfortunately when I contacted the seller today to go ahead it had been sold! I guess when deal like this was presents itself it's best to act swiftly. Lesson learned.

Thanks again!
    Best,
    Adam

Hi Adam, things like this are sometimes a double edged sword. You want to check all your bases to make sure it's a good deal, but not jump too fast and get burned. It seems nothing is easy these days.

Jay