Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

HJ dagger real or repro?

Article about: Lets see the whole scabbard front and back please and the reverse side of the grip I may be wrong but does the diamond have a wiggle to it as it appears to be glued in...or maybe the photos

Default HJ dagger real or repro?

HJ dagger real or repro?HJ dagger real or repro?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ dagger real or repro?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ dagger real or repro?
    P
    Many

Any pictures of the whole knife?

Lets see the whole scabbard front and back please and the reverse side of the grip

I may be wrong but does the diamond have a wiggle to it as it appears to be glued in...or maybe the photos are all that you have?

More photos please.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I don't like any of the etchings on this knife and the maker mark in this early period should be stamped not etched. Like this one below

HJ dagger real or repro?

?

Quote by Anderson View Post
    I don't like any of the etchings on this knife and the maker mark in this early period should be stamped not etched. Like this one below

HJ dagger real or repro?
    +1
    This blade does not show any crossgrain but has a perfect etched Logo, Motto and dedication.
    This blade has been sand down to get rid of the original logo stamp and then polished before they aplied the Motto, dedication and logo.
    On a blade with a mint etch i would expect to see a lot of crossgrain.
    Compare for example the blade with a knife i once owned.

This Wüsthof would not be one for my collection.
    Original it is, but highly bumped up to get a decent profit, another nice original knife ruined.

Ger
    HJ dagger real or repro?
    HJ dagger real or repro?
    HJ dagger real or repro?

It might have been one of the "no maker mark" knives where someone has decided to "enhance" it's value. I'd like to see some full length photos and of the scabbard. May be some more dodgy stuff going on.

?

Ger has hit the nail on the head !

I agree 100%

Anderson is correct about the Wusthof logo .

Regards Mac 66.
    Last edited by Mac 66; 12-08-2021 at 09:21 PM. Reason: Spelling