Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

HJ Fahrtenmesser, M7/13 (Schüttelhöfer)

Article about: Gentlemen, I would be grateful for opinions on this HJ knife I'm looking at to complete a uniform set. My tentative and by-no-means well-formed opinion is that it is a good one, but I wonder

?

Default HJ Fahrtenmesser, M7/13 (Schüttelhöfer)

Gentlemen,

I would be grateful for opinions on this HJ knife I'm looking at to complete a uniform set. My tentative and by-no-means well-formed opinion is that it is a good one, but I wonder at the condition of the scabbard versus that of the knife itself and especially the blade, which is quite tarnished. Does it seem that the scabbard is repainted? Other than that I don't think there's much amiss. There is some wear or dark discolouration to the top and bottom of the HJ diamond in the grip - does this look odd to anyone else?

Apologies for the photos - they are the dealers and all I have for the moment.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ Fahrtenmesser, M7/13 (Schüttelhöfer)
    P
    Many

Hello Fiore ...from the photos provided..I see no issues with this knife.
    The diamond is the correct type and the discolorations is nothing to worry about.

The scabbard ..hard to say if it was repainted in that photo..but it appears to be original IMO.

The scabbard being married originally to the knife...hard to say ..as you pointed out due to the condition of the knife versus the scabbard condition. More photos would help.

This knife is the last production type out of 6 logo variants
    Anderson , Gerrit or Stingray will comment further.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Yes the greying of the blade with a scabbard in much better condition raises a question. The knife itself is untouched IMO, but possibly the scabbard has had a replacement hanger and resprayed scabbard.

I am not as familiar with HJ Fahrtenmesser's so this is more of an question than an observation.
    Did each manufacturer keep a certain style or length on there leather frog snaps or did it just vary?
    The longer leather tab reminds me more of some of the early-mid Period knifes. I believe there are also some tabs that are square shaped?
    Apologies for the intrusion.

Another Late M7/13 Arthur Schüttlehöfer from Wittmans Antique Militia.

?

Thanks for the responses all - I let it go in the end. Will hold out for a better example.