Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

HJ fahrtenmesser RZM M7/30 - original?

Article about: Hi guys, I saw this HJ fahrtenmesser RZM M7/30 - Gebrüder Gräfrath Solingen. I've been looking for a very long time for a good one but have never found one. What do you guys think about th

Default HJ fahrtenmesser RZM M7/30 - original?

Hi guys,

I saw this HJ fahrtenmesser RZM M7/30 - Gebrüder Gräfrath Solingen.

I've been looking for a very long time for a good one but have never found one.

What do you guys think about this one?

Is it original?

Thanks in advance!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ fahrtenmesser RZM M7/30 - original?   HJ fahrtenmesser RZM M7/30 - original?  

HJ fahrtenmesser RZM M7/30 - original?   HJ fahrtenmesser RZM M7/30 - original?  

HJ fahrtenmesser RZM M7/30 - original?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ fahrtenmesser RZM M7/30 - original?
    P
    Many

A very nice transitional HJ knife with motto IMO, in very good condition, I like it

Nacho

If you are looking for faults, I would suggest a recently repainted scabbard.

Thanks guys for taking the time to answer!

Anderson: and apart from that it’s a good original knife?

?

Knife appears correct. All markings appear correct. Leather part of scabbard also correct.
    The scabbard has the correct shape, but is probably repainted. I don't know on this model if the scabbard runner is cloth covered. You can check.
    Georgi.

Thanks for your answer!

I’m gonna add it to my collection, it seems all original (although the scabbard seems to have been repainted which is a shame, but oh well, the scabbard itself is original).

?

1936 is a very interesting year for HJ knives
    we see early style scabbards with only front spring, sometimes blued scabbards, dual marked blades, i love 1936 knives because of the mix of early and mid-later period details.
    This knife is fine no red flags imo.
    As Peter mentioned the scabbard has been retouched and even could be spray over blued.

Overall a nice knife.

Ger

I agree with your comment about 1936, there is quite some variation even within makers production for that year, which makes it interesting for the collector. And could add that with the Grafrath HJ knife for this year some are found without a motto.

Thanks for your answer Gerrit , I think the knife will look good in my collection.

Sadly the scabbard isn’t in untouched condition but oh well it is what it is.