Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

HJ Fahrtenmesser snapbutton

Article about: Hi! Please help me to determine if this maker (Haania?) is a known to make the period HJ Knife snapbuttons Thanks in advance Nacho

Default HJ Fahrtenmesser snapbutton

Hi! Please help me to determine if this maker (Haania?) is a known maker of period HJ Knife snapbuttons

Thanks in advance

Nacho

HJ Fahrtenmesser snapbuttonHJ Fahrtenmesser snapbutton

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ Fahrtenmesser snapbutton
    P
    Many

I'm not familiar with the "Haania" brand, but it could be a replacement fastener. Usually with the HJ knives the button is black painted. The one you show is the "flower" motif type seen with most WW1 daggers and trench knives. This flower symbol some say represents an Edelweiss, is associated with the Prym company which is still in business and is Germany's oldest family owned company dating back 500 years. Prym began as a worker in copper and brass and in 1903 improved the design of the original snap fastener. In fact Prym held the original German patent. That's why those WW1 knives were secured by a Prym fastener.
    So is this button an original Prym? It's possible, as it has some patina. It may have been a replacement fitted in the 1930's or it could be a post war copy using the original motif.

Thank you very much Mr Anderson,

Nacho

?

Nice info Anderson!

Haania can be found on HJ knives and yours aint a replacement but imo an original factory attached one.
    I have seen several along the years on Hj knives.
    As pointed out above the button once was black, still traces of it can be seen in in the deeper areas.
    Haania can also be found on fieldgear like waterbottles.

Ger

?

Quote by gerrit View Post
    Nice info Anderson!

Haania can be found on HJ knives and yours aint a replacement but imo an original factory attached one.
    I have seen several along the years on Hj knives.
    As pointed out above the button once was black, still traces of it can be seen in in the deeper areas.
    Haania can also be found on fieldgear like waterbottles.

Ger

Agree with Ger