Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

HJ Fahrtenmesser by 'Tiger' M7/68, for review

Article about: Hello friends, I would like to submit this HJ knife by Tiger for your comments and opinions. Straight off the bat I find it compares very well with this example posted to the forum before (o

?

Default HJ Fahrtenmesser by 'Tiger' M7/68, for review

Hello friends,

I would like to submit this HJ knife by Tiger for your comments and opinions. Straight off the bat I find it compares very well with this example posted to the forum before (one of only two other examples!): HJ Fahrtenmesser by Tiger dual maker marked

Some things of note with my one: I notice that the grip-plate rivets appear to be of two different kinds: one is rusted, implying steel, the other not, implying aluminium. Something not right there? The HJ diamond has quite a bit of play to it - I can move it about half a millimetre or more in any direction. Replaced at some point?

Otherwise I want to say all looks good, but I defer to you all here. I can't say one or the other about the sheath, though I do notice it has some rust-like bubbling underneath the paint, possibly indicating a repaint at some point? The paint is certainly thick and in very good condition.

Thanks for looking!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ Fahrtenmesser by 'Tiger' M7/68, for review
    P
    Many

An authentic blade, but an imbalanced patina with a greying blade, repainted scabbard and rivets that look suspicious. It is possible it was disassembled and one rivet replaced during that process, perhaps to add the missing diamond. Another close up photo of the back of the grip plate to see where rivets are peaned over would be interesting.
    Certainly a "restored" knife.

?

Apologies for the late reply! Other side pictured:

On closer inspection both rivets appear to be steel; one has retained its nickel (?) plating and therefore hasn't rusted as bad. The other side appears not so much peened over as cut or ground off - ? Tool marks etc. I don't really know.