Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

HJ knife fake or original

Article about: Hello, I am watching two offers on local internet auctions/bazaar but I am not shure about the authenticity. 1. dagger I am really not sure and I think it could be copy, the marking is scrat

Default HJ knife fake or original

Hello, I am watching two offers on local internet auctions/bazaar but I am not shure about the authenticity.
    1. dagger I am really not sure and I think it could be copy, the marking is scratech down, but I am not sure.
    2. dagger has nice Solingen marking but the writing "Blut und Ehre" seems strange to me,
    Both scabards seems like original. Thank you and sorry for the quality of photos I dont have a better ones.
    I also saw at the local flea market different styles of this dagger like with white handle or with blue diamond, when the seller told me its woman variation (the white one) and nordic variation (with blue diamond), I think its not true and its fantasy copy, but I want to ask, if anyone knows such variations?
    HJ knife fake or originalHJ knife fake or originalHJ knife fake or originalHJ knife fake or originalHJ knife fake or originalHJ knife fake or originalHJ knife fake or originalHJ knife fake or original

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ knife fake or original
    P
    Many

?

Number 1 I believe is a repro. Looks like it possiblely had Taiwan on the etched side by the handle but someone Ground the blade to hide. The other side has no makers mark at all and is not consistent with etched side. Grip looks like a new repro grip. Rivets look shiny and New. No wear patterns from scabbard. I would steer clear of number 1.

?

Not found of number 2 either. Etch looks way to thick and dark. Patina looks added possibly to hide problems with knife. Rivets on back of scabbard don't look right. Photos on both could also be much better.

Yes, I have the same opinion, do you heard about variations with white handle or blue diamond? I think that such variations are fantasy reproductions.

They are both fakes that someone has put some effort into aging. If the etching looks like crap, grind it off seems to be the strategy.