Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

HJ Knife help needed. Please Is this knife authentic?

Article about: Hi Before I part with my money. Is this HJ knife authentic? It has RZM stamp and M7/2 1938. Thanks

Default HJ Knife help needed. Please Is this knife authentic?

Hi

Before I part with my money. Is this HJ knife authentic?
    It has RZM stamp and M7/2 1938.

Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ Knife help needed. Please Is this knife authentic?   HJ Knife help needed. Please Is this knife authentic?  

HJ Knife help needed. Please Is this knife authentic?   HJ Knife help needed. Please Is this knife authentic?  

HJ Knife help needed. Please Is this knife authentic?   HJ Knife help needed. Please Is this knife authentic?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ Knife help needed. Please Is this knife authentic?
    P
    Many

IMO, you need better photos of the handle, with the HJ insignia.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks Ralph. I’ll get some better photographs and upload them soon.

Liam

Not great condition, quite a bit of corrosion on the pommel. Unless lowly priced I would tend to look for a better example.

?

Makes me wonder why the (zink) potmetal alloy hilt and pommel have suffered a lot from moisture while the alu rivets of the grip are in completely mint state.
    Alu reacts to moisture pretty much the same as that potmetal based hilt.

Ger

Price was £220 I have seen good condition knives are for sale for a lot more. I had the same concern with the rivets being in a better condition. I have some more photographs here. I paid for it via credit card so will send it back if it’s not authentic. I just thought whoever owned it new had fun with it and didn’t just put it in a drawer and forgot about it. It had a story to tell.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ Knife help needed. Please Is this knife authentic?   HJ Knife help needed. Please Is this knife authentic?  

?

Please make detailed pics of the rivets on a cloudy day, and NO flash.
    I cant tell by these pics.

Ger

Don’t know if these are any better. I just stood under a tree in the garden to take them. I will wait for a cloudy day and add more.

Thanks for all of your help. Really appreciate it.

Liam

I’ve tested the diamond and it does have movement to it. Don’t know if replicas do that too these days.

Probably poor storage is the cause, including contact with moisture. The cross guard looks similarly effected. Sometimes direct contact with another metal can cause a corrosive reaction. Fred's your man for metallurgical explanations. But it is an authentic knife, just not in good condition.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast