Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

HJ Knife - Louper Solingen, Flamme. ( Louis Perlmann ) Info / Rarity / Value?

Article about: Hello all, thanks for accepting me on the site. I'm helping my stepdad to get information and valuations on his WWII collection of various items that he's had in a cabinet for got to be over

Question HJ Knife - Louper Solingen, Flamme. ( Louis Perlmann ) Info / Rarity / Value?

Hello all, thanks for accepting me on the site.

I'm helping my stepdad to get information and valuations on his WWII collection of various items that he's had in a cabinet for got to be over 25 years now.

He has this Youth Knife, I think it's possible an early one from the little bit of info I could find, with the markings Louper Solingen. Flamme. With the motto "Blut und Ehre!". I had a look through the sticky post in the section that has pictures of various ones from other makers but didn't see a Louper one.
    If anyone could give any further info, how the condition is and it's rarity / value, that would be much appreciated.

Thanks! Bex

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ Knife - Louper Solingen, Flamme. ( Louis Perlmann ) Info / Rarity / Value?
    P
    Many

Bex,

Welcome to the forum. We will be happy to help you in determining the authenticity of your items however we do not place values on items as this is a very subjective topic. You can determine the price yourself by looking at other examples that have sold at auction or at dealer websites.

Best regards

Smitty

?

Hello Bex,

It is a genuine early model HJ that was made by Louis Perlmann of Solingen. A harder to find maker for an HJ knife. Depending on the buyer, rarity and knife condition that will dictate price. With motto it is more desirable. If looking to sell you should do some digging online for what the market rate is. One of our codes here is we do not give appraisals or assess value. Good luck. Good knife with some age to blade and scabbard but with these they were used by the youth for everything so finding a mint one is pretty hard. Condition of used on these is normal.

Likely made prior to 1936. Their RZM number is M7/58.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Thank you both! Glad to hear it's an authentic one at least. I have done a bit of searching about this evening online, I often found the issue of the ones I did find that had been listed on auctions to just have 'sold' and then no sold value. This is one of the pieces he is thinking of selling, but the price ranges for these knives seem to be quite wide. Would it be best, if we did list it, as a make an offer type of thing? I will continue searching and will look specifically through the ads on here to see what I can find.
    Many thanks

Quite the rarity indeed and is one of a kind which means there was no mid or late production period knives produced as Pearlmann lost his RZM license in November 1935. They went on to produce cutlery and straight razors and razors itself.

Ernst Knappe Joined Perlmann as co owner in 1938 and by 1986 no further information was issued and was the last time it was heard from assuming it has closed.

Hang onto that knife ...its rare

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Quite the rarity indeed...
    Thanks so much Larry for that really great info about it! I'm putting together a information sheets for all his items with the pictures I've taken to keep so he can reference in future or if he plans to sell anything, so really appreciate the help.