Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

HJ knife original? (Maker: Ed.Wusthoff Solingen)

Article about: Hi guys, I’ve been looking for some time to add an HJ knife to my collection. Now I see this HJ knife for sale and thought it might be nice to add to my collection. Ofcourse I want it to b

Default HJ knife original? (Maker: Ed.Wusthoff Solingen)

Hi guys,

I’ve been looking for some time to add an HJ knife to my collection.

Now I see this HJ knife for sale and thought it might be nice to add to my collection.

Ofcourse I want it to be original so I thought I would let it get checked out first.

What are the opinions on it?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ knife original? (Maker: Ed.Wusthoff Solingen)   HJ knife original? (Maker: Ed.Wusthoff Solingen)  

HJ knife original? (Maker: Ed.Wusthoff Solingen)   HJ knife original? (Maker: Ed.Wusthoff Solingen)  

HJ knife original? (Maker: Ed.Wusthoff Solingen)   HJ knife original? (Maker: Ed.Wusthoff Solingen)  

HJ knife original? (Maker: Ed.Wusthoff Solingen)  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ knife original? (Maker: Ed.Wusthoff Solingen)
    P
    Many

A few observations ..that Anderson and Gerrit may have to follow up on...is that the grip diamond appears alot smaller..that being said ...are the grip plates original to the Knife

For an Early HJ Knife ....the hangers should be brown with 1 cloth runner.

Wait for Gerrit , Anderson or other HJ Collectors for further commnet.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks Larry,

I will wait for other opinions.

I myself thought that the diamond wasn’t a problem since there are different sizes of diamonds and it was typical to see the small diamond on the early HJ knives.

I found this topic on HJ diamond variations:

Hitler Youth Knife Diamond Variations From 1933-1942

I don’t know that much on HJ knives so I will wait for Anderson and Gerrit (and others).

The knife is an authentic early HJ. But I see some possible enhancements. The diamond looks correct but seems to be set too deep into the grip plates. I also am a bit suspicious of the rivets, the heads seem a little large for the early period. The leather buffer is not original. The scabbard I would think is from a later period.

Thanks a lot Anderson for your answer!

I have send the seller a message that I will not buy the item (which he probably will not like…).

I had it put on “reserved” but now I will not buy it.

I want only 100% original items in my collection.

Kind regards,
    Colin

?

Im having np with the small diamand as that is what it suppose to have, insert imo differs because there were different ways of attaching it to the gripplate.
    Bufferpad is indeed a replacement.
    I would rather see it with a brown strap and 1 single inside front runner.
    Most likely a replaced scabbard with 2 inside runners.

Ger

Thanks Gerrit!

I will pass on this one and hope someday I can add an 100% original HJ knife to my collection.

Kind regards,
    Colin