Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

HJ knife for review

Article about: I recently purchased this knife from an auction site, but have not yet received it so these are the only pictures I have. Can anyone verify its authenticity for me? I would expect it to have

Default HJ knife for review

I recently purchased this knife from an auction site, but have not yet received it so these are the only pictures I have. Can anyone verify its authenticity for me? I would expect it to have the motto (I know not all models did),but this one does not seem to and the seller told me he could not see one when he looked at it. Is it possible it had one and the acid etching has just been polished away? Or did it not have one to begin with?

HJ knife for review

HJ knife for review

HJ knife for review

HJ knife for review

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ knife for review
    P
    Many

Didn't we had this same knife posted on the forum a week ago?

Anyway it's an authentic early Henckels HJ knife. The motto acid etching was light on these and tended to wear off.

Possibly. I bought it off an auction website and there were quite a few people bidding on it early on. Maybe someone here was looking at it?

Thank you for the authentication!

Quote by Anderson View Post
    Didn't we had this same knife posted on the forum a week ago?

Anyway it's an authentic early Henckels HJ knife. The motto acid etching was light on these and tended to wear off.
    I found this one which seems to be the only recent one ..which is missing the diamond
    JA HENCKELS HJ knife
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill