Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Krebs M7/5 Transitional Knife With Interesting Maker's Mark

Article about: Hello all! I found this (what I believe to be) transitional HJ dagger by Julius Krebs with the maker's mark and RZM number on the ricasso. I've never seen this before and I'm not seeing any

Default Krebs M7/5 Transitional Knife With Interesting Maker's Mark

Hello all! I found this (what I believe to be) transitional HJ dagger by Julius Krebs with the maker's mark and RZM number on the ricasso. I've never seen this before and I'm not seeing any red flags regarding the knife. Is it just an uncommon marking?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Krebs M7/5 Transitional Knife With Interesting Maker's Mark
    P
    Many

For transitional HJ Knife collectors ...it is one not commonly seen and appears correct having the large grip diamond.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

The mark is for Carl Julius Krebs, they sometimes used "Kronenkrebs Solingen" and did continue in production post WW2. But I like the look of this one.

Thank you for the informative responses, I was wondering if it was postwar due to it being a variant I hadn't seen. Much better to have it be rare (hopefully) than worthless!

?

a nice HJ knife by Krebs, the gripplates have the right pattern Krebs used on their period knives.
    I have no doubts that its a nice original, but its been sharpened and has a lot of wear.
    But these HJ members used them as tools, not only to show them on parades!

Ger

Thanks everyone, I think I'm going to pick it up since it's around $400, which I think is pretty reasonable. Especially since prices recently have seemed more expensive than this from most dealers.

Nice youth knife. I would be going back to buy at $400.
    John

?

I agree TewBoo … prices for HJ going crazy lately ! Nice one - Dan

?

Quote by zook View Post
    I agree TewBoo … prices for HJ going crazy lately ! Nice one - Dan
    Well not only HJ knives, in Germany the SA daggers in great condition got through the roof, normally they could be bought around 1100-1250 euro, lately they do 1500-1900 euro, and are gone within a couple of hours.

Ger