Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Mint early Carl Schmidt & Sohn HJ Fahrtenmesser with motto

Article about: Hi collectors, after a long hiatus I’m back to collecting (spent a year trying to stay away and give my wallet a break). Went to a show here in Stockholm 2 weeks ago, with a Q66 SD M40 Sta

Default Mint early Carl Schmidt & Sohn HJ Fahrtenmesser with motto

Hi collectors, after a long hiatus I’m back to collecting (spent a year trying to stay away and give my wallet a break).

Went to a show here in Stockholm 2 weeks ago, with a Q66 SD M40 Stahlhelm in good condition (90% big foot decal) in my backpack, with the goal to trade it for a nice dagger, sword or knife, since I’ve refocused my collection on edged weapons.

I found items of interest at 3 tables, but the dealers all said the same thing: ”The liner might have been replaced.” and turned the helmet down. I was looking to trade it valued at 1500 dollars (the list price when I got it as part of a trade from a dealer a little over a year ago) and was obviously a bit disappointed that it was turning out to be difficult to ”get rid of”. Before leaving the show however, I went back to all 3 tables, asking if the dealers hadn’t changed their minds: 1 of them asked to see it again and after some talking, I agreed to a direct swap against a minty HJ that the dealer wanted 1000 dollars for (due to the liner being questioned, I let the helmet go for less than I had initially hoped for).

So here it is: A minty HJ Fahrtenmesser by Carl Schmidt & Sohn! It’s my first HJ, but from what I have been able to research it seems good? And due to the condition these are normally in and CS & S being a rare maker - I think this one is a keeper!

Mint early Carl Schmidt & Sohn HJ Fahrtenmesser with mottoMint early Carl Schmidt & Sohn HJ Fahrtenmesser with mottoMint early Carl Schmidt & Sohn HJ Fahrtenmesser with mottoMint early Carl Schmidt & Sohn HJ Fahrtenmesser with mottoMint early Carl Schmidt & Sohn HJ Fahrtenmesser with mottoMint early Carl Schmidt & Sohn HJ Fahrtenmesser with mottoMint early Carl Schmidt & Sohn HJ Fahrtenmesser with mottoMint early Carl Schmidt & Sohn HJ Fahrtenmesser with mottoMint early Carl Schmidt & Sohn HJ Fahrtenmesser with mottoMint early Carl Schmidt & Sohn HJ Fahrtenmesser with motto
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mint early Carl Schmidt & Sohn HJ Fahrtenmesser with motto   Mint early Carl Schmidt & Sohn HJ Fahrtenmesser with motto  

Mint early Carl Schmidt & Sohn HJ Fahrtenmesser with motto  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mint early Carl Schmidt & Sohn HJ Fahrtenmesser with motto
    P
    Many

Winner Winner Turkey Dinner

A One looker from what I can see all the way down to the correct brown hanger. Nice

Anderson and Gerrit will Chime in on it as well.

Regards Larry

If you have photos of that helmet you traded it for...you can post it in the Steel helmet forum..to see if you really got a good deal on this HJ Knife.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks Larry! Glad I posted it after all, just the verdict I needed after the humbling evaluation of the Röhm-dagger!

I’ll check if I have some (good) pictures left of the helmet and post in the appropriate sub if I do!

?

I agree very nice early HJ with the brown leather. Definitely worthy of any collection. Exceptional display as well.

Congrats.
    Tim

Nice knife and great collection too!

?

You did well, nice original thinblade that would fit in any collection.
    Enjoy this lovely knife!

Ger