Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Need Help with HJ Knife

Article about: Hi Guys, I might bid on an auction. What is your opinion on this HJ Knife? They say it is DJ but who knows. Description: Nickel-plated steel blade without the motto. RZM "M7/83" ma

?

Default Need Help with HJ Knife

Hi Guys,

I might bid on an auction. What is your opinion on this HJ Knife? They say it is DJ but who knows. Description:

Nickel-plated steel blade without the motto. RZM "M7/83" maker marked. It also features the company logo. Stains on both sides.

Black bakelite grip plates with inlaid HJ/DJ diamond. Please note: the diamond also bears the letters "DJ" (= Deutsches Jungvolk). No chipping. Finely engraved handle showing an HJ flag with ornaments on both sides. Original black-finished steel scabbard which is free of dents. Attached leather hanger.

Slight signs of use. Overall condition 2.

Rare to find!
    Need Help with HJ KnifeNeed Help with HJ KnifeNeed Help with HJ KnifeNeed Help with HJ KnifeNeed Help with HJ KnifeNeed Help with HJ KnifeNeed Help with HJ KnifeNeed Help with HJ KnifeNeed Help with HJ Knife

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need Help with HJ Knife
    P
    Many

Never saw one with that etching or engraving on the handle. Wait for some experts to chime in before taking the plunge.

?

Hello. The blade is correct, the metal part of the scabbard is also correct. This knife is not made in this type. It is possible that the first owner made some changes, but this cannot be proven. There is no declared origin or any evidence as to who made this change. Grip rivets may have been replaced. They don't look right. This is just my opinion. Wait for more opinions.
    Georgi.

?

Thanks georgi, I am also puzzeled by the exclamation mark on the ricasso. What is that all about?! Never saw it before

?

The blade is correct. There must be an exclamation mark. The engraving, grip, HJ emblem and the leather part of the scabbard are a problem. Here is a link to the original M7/83.
    Redirect Notice

It was an authentic Richard Plumacher HJ but it has been messed with and did not leave the factory as it is today. Double headed rivets are novel, but indicates grip plate have been removed to create the "DJ" knife. Certainly not RZM approved so likely a post war creation, including the engraved hilt which would not have been allowed in HJ. Note also the poor fit of the grip plate. Fantasy piece to leave well alone IMO.

Need Help with HJ Knife

Kamalla do not post any edged weapon that is not HJ on this sub forum.
    Please be patient as someone will address your dagger on the SS forum that does not mind only to authenticate without study.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Funny that i never saw a diamond with D. J. in it before
    Most realy be something very rare LOL, even rarer then the Studentenbund diamond.

Luckily there is enough info available to proof these diamonds are fantasy ones.

There was only 1 type of knive for DJ & HJ

Klaas catalogue sheet of the HJ and Jungvolk Fahrtenmesser

Ger

That catalogue sheet really kills the unique DJ knife myth Ger.

?

Quote by Anderson View Post
    That catalogue sheet really kills the unique DJ knife myth Ger.
    That sheet came from the Klaas plant itself, a friend of mine was a business contact of the Klaas factory owner, and he was aloud to sniff a bit around in the former production plant and office.
    He found quite a few sheets of an old Klaas cataloque in a drawer and this DJ/HJ sheet was one of them.
    He gave me the army dagger sheet, which shows an Offiziersdolch with slant grip

Ger