Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Opinions on this HJ dagger please

Article about: I would like your opinions on the HJ dagger. It seems to be a Anton Wingen Jr cause of the M7/51, but is not marked as so. It only has the big RZM M7/51 and is dated 1936. Is that to early f

Default Opinions on this HJ dagger please

I would like your opinions on the HJ dagger. It seems to be a Anton Wingen Jr cause of the M7/51, but is not marked as so. It only has the big RZM M7/51 and is dated 1936. Is that to early for this type of RZM marking, as I thought they only used it from '38 onwards?
    The rest seems okay to me, the HJ diamond moves a bit, the leather seems okay, just wondering about that RZM and the lack of a name on it.
    What do you guys think? A good replica or the real deal?
    I know it doesn't help much, but the dagger was found in a house in Germany after the owner died. I know that for fact and it is not a sellers story, but on the other hand it does not realy help as is doesn't proof it is original (even in Germany some people got fooled with fakes through the years).
    Thanks for any input!
    Attached Images Attached Images Opinions on this HJ dagger please  Opinions on this HJ dagger please  Opinions on this HJ dagger please  Opinions on this HJ dagger please 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions on this HJ dagger please
    P
    Many

Default Re: Opinions on this HJ dagger please

I think this one is a reproduction. The leather doesn't look right, and the blade should have a maker's mark if it has a motto.

Regards,
    Corey

Thanks Sir Payne for your feedback. The leather itself looks okay in hand, I have no worries there, the problem is the makers name not being present, and the large RZM with the early 1936 date. The rest looks good, but the lack of a makers name is getting me worried most. As you say it should have a name if it has the motto.
    The seller (a friend who found the dagger in Germany) gives a 100% garantee on the dagger, and if it turns out to be a repro he will give a full refund.

?

maker RZM bad, they did the motto on a lot of blades to sell them ?

Reminds me of the repros that were sold by Collector's Armory back in the '80s...that odd RZM mark is the giveaway for me...
    cheers, Glenn

It's Trying to be a Transitional model with the RZM and no Makers name but with the Motto. Unfortunately, this one looks to be a repro, in my opinion. The overall appearance is too fresh and the RZM is badly applied. Sorry, but I'd definitely pass on this one.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Can we see better pictures to the blade and diamond?
    Anyway,i have a feeling to be a good piece.
    I used to have similar one,but without ricasso
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/dagge...-knife-240648/

Stingray

Better photos would be of benefit to dig out the truth.
    Ivan,, good to see you here always and thank you for posting the supporting link. If you can find more information on Feuerbachs example,,it would be beneficial to Transitional HJs. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

A shot of the reverse side of the grip rivets would be good too.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Hi Feuerbach,

Your hj knife Stamped RZM M7/51 1936 is 100% genuine without any doubt & in very nice condition imo

Take a look on DDs Daggers site as he has 2 the same as yours i.e: Transitional Period when thay were changing over from Maker Logo to RZM mark with motto, the mottos were not applied to hj knife blades after 1938,

Hope this helps DDsDaggers.com :: Buy, Sell, Trade & Consign Third Reich Nazi Edged Weapons German Daggers

Regards Mac 66.