Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

original bayonet HJ ?

Article about: Hi friends, just now I came across an auction of this unknown bayonet. the seller writes about him that he should have been a high-ranking member of HJ. did you encounter this bayonet? thank

?

Default original bayonet HJ ?

Hi friends, just now I came across an auction of this unknown bayonet. the seller writes about him that he should have been a high-ranking member of HJ. did you encounter this bayonet? thank you in advance for the answers

original bayonet HJ ?original bayonet HJ ?original bayonet HJ ?original bayonet HJ ?original bayonet HJ ?original bayonet HJ ?original bayonet HJ ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement original bayonet HJ ?
    P
    Many

I'm not a huge fan of this one, those screws are so weird position if compare to that diamond. I would say it is post war put together.

I find one picture where is same etching and it is without HJ diamond.

original bayonet HJ ?

original bayonet HJ ?

?

thanks for answer Finngaill

The offset spanner screws are similar to those used by the maker Ernst Pack, but there are other unmarked KS98 with this type of screw attachment. We see also the names of two distributors. Gustav Klemme of Herford is a known distributor who probably ordered unmarked KS98 bayonets from a Solingen maker. In this case it was on sold to military uniform outfitter, Heinrich Bracht, who had his name etched onto the blade. As for the HJ diamond, I would agree with Finngail that it's probably been added to the grip post WW2, but it can't be ruled out that it was attached by a former HJ member. Some careful investigation by removing grip plate to see how the diamond is attached would be interesting.

?

Just out of curiosity, was Heinrich Bracht a Military Uniform Outfitter or tool maker ?
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

I find it interesting that a blade would have 2 different distributor marks. The etched Bracht mark is always interesting to see, I've seen it only on the occasional Polizei bayonet marked by Alcoso.

A bayonet with grip emblem must always be scrutinized heavily. The fact this one has a Pack style grip with spanner nuts would make me not consider it for my collection because of the probability of postwar fakery.

Quote by Gwar View Post
    Just out of curiosity, was Heinrich Bracht a Military Uniform Outfitter or tool maker ?
    If I understand right this Heinrich Bracht what is question here was uniform outfitter and there is also Heinrich Bracht who make carpenter tools, but that one is not the same what share this bayoned.

I can be wrong of course, but that is what I think.

?

Quote by Finngaill View Post
    If I understand right this Heinrich Bracht what is question here was uniform outfitter and there is also Heinrich Bracht who make carpenter tools, but that one is not the same what share this bayoned.

I can be wrong of course, but that is what I think.
    Yes, that was my thinking, I was curious at to the history of the firm, as we can and have seen, a great amount of companies that mildly changed their manufacturing from pre war, war and then to post war, if their firms survived, metalworkers were familiar with metals, I didn't find any resemblance to the Co. mentioned as a 'Outfitter'.. Just curious that's all..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture original bayonet HJ ?  
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Quote by Gwar View Post
    Yes, that was my thinking, I was curious at to the history of the firm, as we can and have seen, a great amount of companies that mildly changed their manufacturing from pre war, war and then to post war, if their firms survived, metalworkers were familiar with metals, I didn't find any resemblance to the Co. mentioned as a 'Outfitter'.. Just curious that's all..
    It is sure interesting and I also had try to find more information about this Outfitter company, but without any luck.

Anyhow about that tool maker. Here is little bit information about it:

Around 1900 Theodor Karl Morsbach founded a tool factory in Cleffstrasse 11.

In 1907 Carl Adolf Wehner was the owner of the Theod company. Carl Morsbach Nachf., which later bore his name.

In 1924 Heinrich Bracht took over the company from his father-in-law C. A. Wehner.

The company still exists and today belongs to the Wilh group of companies. Schmitt & Comp ..

original bayonet HJ ? original bayonet HJ ?

Great Info Finngaill

Where did you get this info from?
    I checked into my German Cutlery producers and only came up with Ernst and Karl Morsbach with very little reference.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast