Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Original late war HJ knife? !!NEED HELP!!

Article about: Hi! The seller claims this is a original late war HJ knife. Its going for around 88 euros and the blade has a pointy end and no markings, which is why im hesitating to buy it with out checki

Default Original late war HJ knife? !!NEED HELP!!

Hi! The seller claims this is a original late war HJ knife. Its going for around 88 euros and the blade has a pointy end and no markings, which is why im hesitating to buy it with out checking it out here first. Fast replies are greatly apriciated (auction is closing) Thanks

Last edited by AdamSmith; 01-27-2021 at 09:04 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original late war HJ knife? !!NEED HELP!!
    P
    Many

These are uncommon to see but a few have been observed late period.
    Photos are not the greatest and would like to see both sides of the grip plates which i know its impossible due to the only photos you have.

Grip diamond is transitional to late period.
    I know you are in a hurry ...but it would be best for the HJ collectors to chime in further on any other details.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

If the auction was ending I would take a chance on it but would not pay too much. Scabbard is very rough. I know it is easy for me to say with someone else paying for it.
    John

Ill try and get it and get back with better pictures.

I do believe the grip plates may have been messed with
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Need to see the other side of the grip plate to be sure. But the absence of a maker mark was fairly common with the post war Scout knives, I would at this stage lean toward it being post war, remember we can't be sure the scabbard was originally made with it. Even cheap I would avoid this one.

I was able to get some pics of the back side, but not great ones. sorry.

Bit hard to make much of a judgement from those, just not sharp enough.

i think i had encountered once this dagger,very similiar warn traces on the grip and i remember this strange shape and the disonance of scabbard/dagger condition.the specimen that i had examined had a moving diamond and was imo heavily clenaed (the grey steel colour and had scratches an all blade surface all in one direction along the blade)i remember also the gently sharpening along all blade especially in the end area i think that is the cause of this shape
    or maybe the pointy end blades are showing from time to time?