Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

please help with two hj knives

Article about: Hi all I have been offered two hj knives and have been burnt in the past so I'm a bit hesitant to purchase without some help. They look ok to me but I'm no expert on hj knives. Any help woul

?

Default please help with two hj knives

Hi all I have been offered two hj knives and have been burnt in the past so I'm a bit hesitant to purchase without some help.
    They look ok to me but I'm no expert on hj knives. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Also I'm in Australia and have imported bayonets but not these knives, has anyone had issues?
    Thank you,
    Knife 1
    Attachment 1476169Attachment 1476168 Attachment 1476170Attachment 1476164Attachment 1476165Attachment 1476166Attachment 1476167
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture please help with two hj knives   please help with two hj knives  

please help with two hj knives   please help with two hj knives  

please help with two hj knives  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement please help with two hj knives
    P
    Many

?

knife 2please help with two hj knivesplease help with two hj knivesplease help with two hj knivesplease help with two hj knivesplease help with two hj knivesplease help with two hj knivesplease help with two hj knives

IMO, they both look legitimate.
    The second one is missing the leather buffer.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hi Joey
    Both Knives had the grip diamonds replaced ..especially the Puma Hj knife.
    The reverse side of the Puma grip plate shows damage from the rivet being removed.

The Wustoff has glue build up around the edges of the diamond.
    I realize you are In Australia and importing Knives is a job in itself..but if you are going to go through the process of Importing these HJ types..do it right and import a whole unmessed with example.

Honestly I would search for a better example.

A Few of the HJ researchers will chime in soon. Be patient.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

A bit rough but genuine and both may have a glued in diamond. I'm not sure on price, you will need to make that value for money judgement yourself. Some of our Aussie members hopefully can comment on any import issues.

?

Thank you for the info guys, is a glued in diamond not a good thing?

Hi!
    Gluing is not a good thing. You should buy these if these are at a good price.
    The untouched state always shows better in the collection.

The motto was also polished from the Puma product.

Somewhere I read that HJ knives manufactured during the transition period were only made until 1940. But Klittermanns, Eickhorn, Gottlieb etc. for example, also have 41 pieces too. What about now? Is it possible that the transitional period was manufactured as far back as 1942?

?

He has this one too £425
    please help with two hj knivesplease help with two hj knivesplease help with two hj knivesplease help with two hj knivesplease help with two hj knives
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture please help with two hj knives   please help with two hj knives  

Not keen on the grip insignia. Note the solid red finish to the enamel with no backing pebbling detail.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

I cannot see any glue at diamond edges & i zoomed into the pix, the solid red diamond looks ok when you zoom into it, prices are to high for the condition, keep on looking & post pix of anymore you find to be on the safe side.