Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

FOR REVIEW: HJ M7/13 - Schüttlehöfer knife

Article about: Folks - I humbly request your review, opinions and commentary on this RZM HJ knife! Yes, it looks like the blade has been heavily cleaned. This diamond does not have scales, but good movemen

?

Default FOR REVIEW: HJ M7/13 - Schüttlehöfer knife

Folks - I humbly request your review, opinions and commentary on this RZM HJ knife!
    Yes, it looks like the blade has been heavily cleaned. This diamond does not have scales, but good movement ... posting photos, thank you for reviewing! Cheers - Dan
    FOR REVIEW:  HJ M7/13 - Schüttlehöfer knifeFOR REVIEW:  HJ M7/13 - Schüttlehöfer knifeFOR REVIEW:  HJ M7/13 - Schüttlehöfer knifeFOR REVIEW:  HJ M7/13 - Schüttlehöfer knifeFOR REVIEW:  HJ M7/13 - Schüttlehöfer knifeFOR REVIEW:  HJ M7/13 - Schüttlehöfer knifeFOR REVIEW:  HJ M7/13 - Schüttlehöfer knifeFOR REVIEW:  HJ M7/13 - Schüttlehöfer knifeFOR REVIEW:  HJ M7/13 - Schüttlehöfer knifeFOR REVIEW:  HJ M7/13 - Schüttlehöfer knife

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement FOR REVIEW:  HJ M7/13 - Schüttlehöfer knife
    P
    Many

Actually it looks like a tidy little used example of a late period M7/13. It's good the diamond moves and these smooth enamel HJ insignia are now accepted as authentic late period variation seen on some HJ knives. Member Mac had done some work looking into it, and may comment.

?

Dan,

For me it’s a correct and honest piece.

Ron

?

IMO 2nd pic down looks like heavy filing or fitting to grips to make them fit & smooth diamonds are known replacements, they will move after replaced, prongs.

?

Dan,

Solid red diamond looks good to me , some people say they are replacements with no evidence to back up there claim, is there any repairs to the griplate as zacker suggests ?

?

just saying what pic looks like to me & 4th pic down on right looks to have a large gap between grip and pommel, only seen 3 of these in hand with solid red diamonds they had changed out rivets where horribly peened, grips ill fitting with tool marks.

?

zacker have a good read at this topic on WAF

Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

?

Zacker, Mac and guys ....thank you for the feedback! ... what's interesting is that the pommel and guard are non-magnetic (standard for most RZMs, right?) ... but the pins that hold grip in place are actually magnetic. That's not consistent with other RZMs I have owned or held.

?

Dan,

The rivets look fine to me as sometimes we see these larger dome head steel rivets on these RZM M7/13 hjs, the quality of these later production knifes can be sloppy as they used whatever parts they had in there parts bin, not everything was perfect back in wartime production days, i have owned over 100 hj knifes during my time & seen quite a few Monday morning jobs that should have not passed quality control !

?

Great point that I need to keep in mind Mac … thank you

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast