Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

"RZM 7 / 56 Carl D. Schaaff HJ Knife"

Article about: Hello War Relics members, I recently bought a HJ knife at auction from a HJ knife collector. Maybe he is active here.. I dont know. I can't find any information about the maker "C.D Sch

Dos
    ?

Default "RZM 7 / 56 Carl D. Schaaff HJ Knife"

Hello War Relics members,

I recently bought a HJ knife at auction from a HJ knife collector. Maybe he is active here.. I dont know.

I can't find any information about the maker "Carl D. Schaaff". Is there any known? What he made in addition to this knife perhaps?

Is the leather band that holds the scabbard original? It seems that there is a stamp on the back with the letters "L.E.S" Or "L ? S" or a logo in the middle.

The black paint on the scabbard seems to have been retouched at some point in time i think.

Some opinions in general about what i bought would be nice!

Best Regards,

Dos

"RZM 7 / 56 Carl D. Schaaff HJ Knife""RZM 7 / 56 Carl D. Schaaff HJ Knife""RZM 7 / 56 Carl D. Schaaff HJ Knife""RZM 7 / 56 Carl D. Schaaff HJ Knife""RZM 7 / 56 Carl D. Schaaff HJ Knife""RZM 7 / 56 Carl D. Schaaff HJ Knife"
    Last edited by Dos; 02-05-2020 at 03:19 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement "RZM 7 / 56 Carl D. Schaaff HJ Knife"
    P
    Many

Well it's authentic but well worn and used. The leather hanger is original, the mark is "LFS" for Lederwerk Finkenwalde Sedina and appears on many HJ scabbard hangers. This one has been repainted, sometime. C.D Schaaf was a small Solingen producer, so you could call uncommon. They seem to have produced mainly HJ knives and SA daggers but not high volume at all. The snap button may be a replacement, an inside photo would help.

Dos
    ?

Thanks for the information and opinion Anderson, Appreciate it. Like you mention.. the condition is not great at all, but seems to have nice wear on it. It's all there

Did not know about the "Lederwerk Finkenwalde Sedina" and low production volume of C.D Schaaff.

Cheers,

Dos
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture "RZM 7 / 56 Carl D. Schaaff HJ Knife"  
    Last edited by Dos; 02-05-2020 at 03:24 AM.

Dos
    ?

I made a few better quality photo's of the HJ knife in the first post and some below of the snap button.

I assume the the snap button is the only thing that has been replaced in the past. Can anyone confirm this? It does not look authentic..

"RZM 7 / 56 Carl D. Schaaff HJ Knife""RZM 7 / 56 Carl D. Schaaff HJ Knife"