Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

RZM M7/66 Eickhorn Solingen HJ knife in poor condition.

Article about: Hello, I found this knife on an internet marketplace and wanted to ask if it's original or not. As you can see in the attached photos it's in bad condition but it has the motto. Also I would

?

Default RZM M7/66 Eickhorn Solingen HJ knife in poor condition.

Hello, I found this knife on an internet marketplace and wanted to ask if it's original or not. As you can see in the attached photos it's in bad condition but it has the motto. Also I would like to know a little bit more about the maker because when I was doing my own reasearch that maker didn't come up often without specifically searching for it. Sorry if the pictures are bad quality, as I got them from the seller. Thanks in advance!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RZM M7/66 Eickhorn Solingen HJ knife in poor condition.   RZM M7/66 Eickhorn Solingen HJ knife in poor condition.  

RZM M7/66 Eickhorn Solingen HJ knife in poor condition.   RZM M7/66 Eickhorn Solingen HJ knife in poor condition.  

RZM M7/66 Eickhorn Solingen HJ knife in poor condition.   RZM M7/66 Eickhorn Solingen HJ knife in poor condition.  

RZM M7/66 Eickhorn Solingen HJ knife in poor condition.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RZM M7/66 Eickhorn Solingen HJ knife in poor condition.
    P
    Many

?

Hello.
    This HJ knife has all the details wrong.
    I think the knife is fake in every detail. This manufacturer of knives is one of the largest that exists to this day.
    Wait for more opinions.
    Regards Georgi.

?

I’m no expert on these knives, but suggest you be careful with this one. As I understand a scabbard with this rim/edge around the scabbard opening is post war. The motto is too blurry for my taste and the diamond could be glued in and I’m not sure it is an original. The Eickhorn logo also appears not to be correctly executed. Make sure you’re not buying a post war boy scouts knife in bad condition that has been made into an HJ knife. Don’t rush and wait for more expert opinions.
    Last edited by Kilian; 04-01-2024 at 07:05 PM.

Litwa,

I agree with Gerogi and Kilian. Bad piece all the way around. Closely examining the HJ diamond, you can see the misaligned and deformed arms of the swastika. You can also see the overall lack of quality with the diamond itself and its sloppy placement in the grip. The engraving is also complete cra*. No German producer of HJ knives would have ever been allowed to produce such junk. In my opinion if it were me... I'd pass on it.

JustMeinKC !

Gerry C

?

In my opinion this is a complete reproduction from the scabbard all the way through the knife. Grip motto diamond all look like reproduction. This one has been stored in pig manure or something to weather the knife and hide its real identity. I recommend passing.

Tim

A pinned thread for reference on Postwar HJ Knives > Post WW2 German Scouting / HJ Knife Transition Discussion
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Just look at the top of the scabbard, the top shows a pressed throat instead of the straight hull with rivet to hold the inner spring.
    You do not need to give it another glance if one has a throat, or if its thickened with an edge

Ger

Looks like it's been give the "year in the garden" patina enhancement treatment.

?

Quote by Anderson View Post
    Looks like it's been give the "year in the garden" patina enhancement treatment.
    Yeah, but it is still an ugly Basterd with no history on its belt