Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Stunning HJ Knife with Factory WKC Tag

Article about: This is the nicest HJ knife I’ve ever seen. The sheath leather is still very stiff.

Default Stunning HJ Knife with Factory WKC Tag

This is the nicest HJ knife I’ve ever seen. The sheath leather is still very stiff.Stunning HJ Knife with Factory WKC TagStunning HJ Knife with Factory WKC TagStunning HJ Knife with Factory WKC Tag

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Stunning HJ Knife with Factory WKC Tag
    P
    Many

First time I`ve seen a HJ knife with the tag. I didn`t even know they had tags. Nice!
    Stig

The scabbard has a brown leather hanging strap that usually denotes an early production type scabbard.
    Since the scabbard is brown then take a peek inside the scabbard itself and see that it should have 1 runner ...if there are 2 runners inside..than its a late scabbard with a reapplied brown hanger.

Thread of reference is here for the Hanger type > Carl Heidelberg HJ Knife

The WKC tag is authentic as it appears...but cant say that it came with the knife itself.

Wait for the HJ Gents to chime in further.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I had no idea either. This came from Col. Johnson and I saw the paperwork/sales receipt. I know... don't buy the story, buy the item but this is a very nice original.

Larry, there's only 1 runner inside the scabbard. Thank you for the information.

?

my 2 cents
    redone scabbard, it has been resprayed.
    The fastening strap with button has been replaced.
    WKC used the bubble pattern straps on their 41-42 bowie style HJ knives, for sure not an early brown strap scabbard.
    Paper tags are just a matter of believe,the majyority is postwar produced, the metal tags are what your looking for.
    the knife itself looks good but im pretty sure this knife didnt came this way from the factory.
    Dont forget that Johnson bought lots of parts esp. from the wkc plant postwar.

Ger

Ger's nailed it. Something very odd with that scabbard, but a good mint knife.