Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Two Hitler Jugend Knives

Article about: Gents, Need your help to make sure the knives are good and why does one have a wooden handle. Thanks for all your help.

Default Two Hitler Jugend Knives

Gents,

Need your help to make sure the knives are good and why does one have a wooden handle.

Thanks for all your help.
    Two Hitler Jugend KnivesTwo Hitler Jugend KnivesTwo Hitler Jugend KnivesTwo Hitler Jugend KnivesTwo Hitler Jugend Knives

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Two Hitler Jugend Knives
    P
    Many

The M7/36 Horster knife is good, but enhanced a little I would think, repainted scabbard, etching looks high lighted in black paint. The other one is a possible authentic one with replaced grips, but anyone's guess when that happened, The etched motto looks like it's been de-nazified post war, but the swastika remains on the grip?

?

Here are my 2 cents:
    The wooden grip one is in its core an original grinded denazified knife with as peter said replaced grip.
    About the Hörster i have a different opinion, the Motto side has been regrained and the motto was re-applied, that for sure was not the motto it came with from the factory.
    Compare the blade back and front, different grains on different sides.
    To me an overworked "upgraded" blade

Ger

?

Wish the photos were better and knives in separate threads.

Tim

I think Ger is right about that Horster

Gents,
    Here are better pictures.
    Thanks
    Two Hitler Jugend KnivesTwo Hitler Jugend KnivesTwo Hitler Jugend KnivesTwo Hitler Jugend Knives

?

Horister is for sure messed with. Motto has black bleed from the Ehre ! You can see the ink

Hello Lonewolf...any future postings of more than one knife that Tim has pointed out should be in separate threads please
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill