Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Buckle Hessen genuine?

Article about: This display shows the original buckle Hessen. If someone with more experience he encountered something similar to say their opinion. Thanks in advance!

Default Buckle Hessen genuine?

This display shows the original buckle Hessen. If someone with more experience he encountered something similar to say their opinion.
    Thanks in advance!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Buckle Hessen genuine?   Buckle Hessen genuine?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Buckle Hessen genuine?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Buckle Hessen genuine?

Hi

Whatever it is, it's not Hessen. Please compare the crown's design with the attached picture, especially the elongated base. On my buckle, the small cross at the top has unfortunately broken off. Also, construction of your buckle is very different from what one would expect of a pre-1918 buckle.

Best regards
    Kurt
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Buckle Hessen genuine?  

Default Re: Buckle Hessen genuine?

I fully agree with Kurt. Thes buckles have been showing up in various forms of construction for the past 5-6 years. I am not sure if they represent another Imperial period buckle or not but they are certainly not Hessen.

Bill