Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Imperial Bavarian 1895 - Variant

Article about: Thanks for posting the buckle. I couldn't find the old thread but knew an Imperial collector would come through.

?

Default Imperial Bavarian 1895 - Variant

Hello guys. Looked at this one long and hard before buying, and for a very, very good price. Based on the Imperial thread examples looks like a private purchase, perhaps parade version, with roller bar, DRGM stamped etc

Jeff
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial Bavarian 1895 - Variant   Imperial Bavarian 1895 - Variant  

Imperial Bavarian 1895 - Variant   Imperial Bavarian 1895 - Variant  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Imperial Bavarian 1895 - Variant
    P
    Many

Jeff, that is actually a very nice buckle and most people will not have seen one, very hard to find, well done
    Ben

Nice variant!...

?

Thanks Ben, and I looked thru the lengthy Imperial thread before buying this one and saw a few similiar buckles. This one is on the rare side for sure, really liking these older German buckles lately . This one is in great condition.
    Jeff

?

Rarely see buckle. I have a similar example and I posted it on WAF. I was told it was worn on a cloth belt. I will have to find the old thread and get some more info .

?

Howdy Kirby, would be interesting to know more info on these buckles - thanks.

?

Here is the buckle I was thinking of and a couple of other example. I haven't found the old thread yet but I think it was Marc V that said it was worn on a cloth dress belt. A serious Imperial collector might have more info.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial Bavarian 1895 - Variant   Imperial Bavarian 1895 - Variant  

Hi weller, I understand they were worn on a patent leather belt with a cloth felt backing. Here's mine with a little of the original belt attached,

Cheers,

Richard.

?

Very interesting Richard, thanks for the pics and info
    Jeff

Some nice buckles there guys
    Ben

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast