Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Imperial Prussian belt and buckle set

Article about: Gentlemen, Opinions appreciated on this Prussian belt and buckle set. The buckle retains its leather tab and is marked 'Sattler' and possibly 'Innung' (?), 'Hannover, 1915'. Because of the t

?

Default Imperial Prussian belt and buckle set

Gentlemen,

Opinions appreciated on this Prussian belt and buckle set. The buckle retains its leather tab and is marked 'Sattler' and possibly 'Innung' (?), 'Hannover, 1915'. Because of the tab I can't get a good look at/photo of the prong construction.

Belt is marked '105' and 'Stuttgart, 1916'. Interestingly it has been repaired by being glued (!) together in the middle in some fashion, using a very strong glue that is quite solid. Would such a repair have been possible in the period in which this belt was in use?

I think it's a nice set (repair aside) but as always am happy to be corrected.

Thanks for looking!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Imperial Prussian belt and buckle set
    P
    Many

?

Hello,
    The buckle and belt are undoubtedly original...
    The buckle is a so-called “M95” model. Manufactured in the style of 1895-1915..
    The Belt 1916..
    A picture of the hook would be helpful..
    I assume the hook is made of steel/iron?
    Thanks and Greetings

?

A nice been there set. Super glue was invented in the late 50’s so it was probably repaired after that date. Here is a Wartenburg buckle. I have it looks like it was made from the same company. The point on the prongs look similar.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial Prussian belt and buckle set   Imperial Prussian belt and buckle set  

?

Hello,
    I looked again at repairing the belt and found a repair in my collection that could be carried out in a timely manner so that the belt can continue to be worn.
    I go to the gluing site with Kirby, it was added later and is definitely not stable enough to survive in a war effort...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial Prussian belt and buckle set