MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Imperial Wurttemberg belt and buckle

Article about: Gentlemen, I bought this as a set and would very much appreciate your opinions on it. To me it compares well with some of the other examples posted here of this type (with the slot-type catc

?

Default Imperial Wurttemberg belt and buckle

Gentlemen,

I bought this as a set and would very much appreciate your opinions on it. To me it compares well with some of the other examples posted here of this type (with the slot-type catch). But I wonder about the belt - it appears not to be a common combat-type belt of the period. Perhaps a private-purchase item for parades and such? It has a narrower brass catch rivetted to the inner leather tongue, which is then folded over and stitched; an interesting construction. Both buckle and belt are devoid of markings.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Imperial Wurttemberg belt and buckle
    P
    Many

?

Hello,
    Unfortunately this buckle is a copy, prongs, ears and box are not from before 1918...
    I'm not familiar with the belt and, in my opinion, he's have not a little chance...
    Maybe it would be better to ask here before purchasing rather than after purchasing..
    Sry and greetings
    kabl

?

Sorry to hear that Kabl, but thank you for letting me know. Appreciate it! This was bought at a show so no time really to post online. Live and learn.

?

Just for further confirmation, I took another close-up shot of the prongs from a different angle (best as I could - forgive the quality of my photography). It seems the prongs themselves have been filed off/shortened or otherwise cut at some point. Likely a red flag.

?

Hello,
    This is what the prongs and sleeve on a originals Württemberg buckle looked like before 1918

Regards
    kabl
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial Wurttemberg belt and buckle   Imperial Wurttemberg belt and buckle  

Imperial Wurttemberg belt and buckle   Imperial Wurttemberg belt and buckle  

?

Any time you see three vertical solder holes the buckle is fake. Never seen an original buckle with three in a vertical row. Imperial or Third Reich.

Three solder holes are wrong. As Kirby writes. Very bad fake.