Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Modified Prussian buckle...

Article about: Just got this in from a picker, it was a freebie but I actually like it. It shows what people did with buckles post war...

Default Modified Prussian buckle...

Just got this in from a picker, it was a freebie but I actually like it. It shows what people did with buckles post war...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Modified Prussian buckle...   Modified Prussian buckle...  

Modified Prussian buckle...   Modified Prussian buckle...  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Modified Prussian buckle...
    P
    Many

Hello,

interesting to see .

The buckle is definitely not german ! The notation of the date is typical american or english !

The roundel is IMO a post war moldet fake ..........
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

Oh I never meant the buckle body was German, had thought it was American or British. The roundel isn't molded or cast. It's die struck, I can feel the thin sharp edge of it and definitely die struck. It came from a house clearance, and had been in the house for a long time. Of course, no knowing when it was put together but the solder and patina around fixing look old. This came from one of my most trusted pickers and was a present/gift from him....

Hello Lenny,

about the roundel is onely my opinion . Let us see what other users say ......

But some typical features for moldet are the inhomogeneous surface behind the crown and the washed
    contours .............

Modified Prussian buckle...
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

I value your opinion Markus, although in the hand this one feels good. The surface behind the crown is in fact dirt and patina. Not always easy to see in photographs. under a good light and glass that's exactly what it is. I know where it came from, trusted picker got it from a house clearance, it had been there for a long time.

The areas you point out as washed contours are actually wear. The top, and more noticeably the bottom are exposed from the body of the buckle and are worn down through brushing against clothing. It's obviously been worn on trousers for a while. Also the top of the roundel is bent back in towards the body (can't see in the pics) and that's another sign of daily wear. The bend on the roundel is how die cast metal bends, castings don't bend like this...

Here's a guff iPhone pic, but you get the idea.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Modified Prussian buckle...