Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Prussian belt and buckle, named - parade model?

Article about: Gentlemen, I would appreciate opinions on this Imperial Prussian belt and buckle set. The lightweight brass belt hook and corresponding pressed-in catch on the buckle would lead me to think

?

Default Prussian belt and buckle, named - parade model?

Gentlemen,

I would appreciate opinions on this Imperial Prussian belt and buckle set. The lightweight brass belt hook and corresponding pressed-in catch on the buckle would lead me to think this is a parade belt - is this the case? The buckle itself is a two-piece with the central medallion pressed into place with two peened-over tabs, as opposed to solder-points. The roundel is slightly loose. The belt is named to either 'Lauter' or 'Sauter' with a presumed regimental number '112'.

Does everything look all right here? The set has a nice matching patina.

Thanks in advance for any comments.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Prussian belt and buckle, named - parade model?
    P
    Many

Both lovely buckle and belt, 100% original and nice to have in a collection. To be honest prob very underrated but great set
    Ben

?

Hello, I really like it, nice patina! Congratulations on it! Regards, Peeloo

?

Very nice buckle. I have the same one in copper color. It came from a 67 buckle collection I bought in the early 80’s
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Prussian belt and buckle, named - parade model?   Prussian belt and buckle, named - parade model?  

?

Hello,
    A very nice ensemble, congratulations...
    What are the dimensions of the buckle?The ears of the buckle look very similar to those of the manufacturer Seyffarth. Is the size approx. 46x66 mm?
    Regards
    kabl

?

Quote by kabl View Post
    Hello,
    A very nice ensemble, congratulations...
    What are the dimensions of the buckle?The ears of the buckle look very similar to those of the manufacturer Seyffarth. Is the size approx. 46x66 mm?
    Regards
    kabl
    Pretty close, Kabl - 47 x 66mm.

?

Thank you,
    The model name is unknown. I'll call it an "intermediate model", bought privately from the presumptive
    Period: before 1875 or before 1895 "M95".
    Such "intermediate models" are well known from Saxony, as well as the special "Seyffarth" (manufacturer Dresden) ears, which leads to the assumption that the box is made by this manufacturer.
    It is, from all perspectives, a truly rare and interesting piece. Good to have something like that in your collection..
    Regards
    kabl

?

Here is the Saxon example
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Prussian belt and buckle, named - parade model?  

?

That's great info, Kabl. Thanlk you! I had no idea it could be that old. I presumed WWI.

?

@ Kabl: What may hold true for Saxony is not easily transferrable to Prussia ... This wonderful belt and buckle set represents one of many "patent" constructions for private purchase "walking out" buckles and belts (not parade - on parades soldiers were on duty and required to wear issue items). On a German forum - the now sadly inactive Sammlerstammtisch - a collector many years ago identified Gebrauchsmuster No. 27448 as having been granted to Weyersberg, Kirschbaum und Cie. in Berlin on 16.04.1894.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast