Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Tombak Prussian buckle in group. Question about Crowns.

Article about: So I picked up a few imperial buckles today. In the group looks to be a tombak example as it really looks so much more copper in colour that the standard brass variations. I do have a really

Default Tombak Prussian buckle in group. Question about Crowns.

So I picked up a few imperial buckles today.
    In the group looks to be a tombak example as it really looks so much more copper in colour that the standard brass variations.
    I do have a really nice Wurttemberg Tombak but have never come across a Prussian example.

One thing I did notice was the crown....it looks so different in shape, almost like the Bavarian crowns.

Any one else notice the crown differences amongst buckles????

Cheers
    Corey
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Tombak Prussian  buckle in group.   Question about Crowns.   Tombak Prussian  buckle in group.   Question about Crowns.  

Tombak Prussian  buckle in group.   Question about Crowns.   Tombak Prussian  buckle in group.   Question about Crowns.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Tombak Prussian  buckle in group.   Question about Crowns.
    P
    Many

?

Nice buckles. You may want to have this post moved to the Imperial Buckles section. Here is a thread with my Tombak Prussian for comparison. The crown is a bit different than yours. Thread also has a Bavarian example etc.

Prussian - D.R.G.M. Tombak

?

Hi Corey, nice buckles

I have seen multiple different crowns too. In fact it might be not strange as different monarchs often had different crowns, also those of the Prussian Empire. Why they used different crowns on the buckles that are roughly from the same era, and from which monarch the different crowns were, I have not any clue…

I absolutely like the tombac buckles too, also maybe even more than brass ones.

Kind regards

Great selection of buckles, well done
    Ben

?

Nice selection on buckles. The tombak are my favorite Imperial. Here is a few for comparison.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Tombak Prussian  buckle in group.   Question about Crowns.   Tombak Prussian  buckle in group.   Question about Crowns.  

Tombak Prussian  buckle in group.   Question about Crowns.   Tombak Prussian  buckle in group.   Question about Crowns.  

Thanks Ben and Kirby.
    They are rather addictive.
    Here is my current lot.
    Thinking I should possibly do a montage of close up photos of the different crowns.

Just an idea.

Cheers

Last edited by Coreynewzealand; 02-13-2022 at 04:35 AM.

Just to add to the mix

Tombak Prussian  buckle in group.   Question about Crowns.  
    Ben