Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Württemberg belt buckle fake?

Article about: I think this is a fake as I've never seen the plate attached like this. The buckle plate and badge plate are brass. The badge plate nickel plated. An I correct in assessing this as fake? Tha

Default Württemberg belt buckle fake?

I think this is a fake as I've never seen the plate attached like this. The buckle plate and badge plate are brass. The badge plate nickel plated. An I correct in assessing this as fake? Thanks for your help.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Württemberg belt buckle fake?   Württemberg belt buckle fake?  

Württemberg belt buckle fake?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Württemberg belt buckle fake?
    P
    Many

I presume it's from this series of fakes

imperial Bavaria belt and buckle on E-bay ?

?

You will find some post WWI with this type attachment. I only have a couple of dozen imperial buckles and I have seen any with this attachment. Alan is a big Imperial buckle collector and he checks in here. I can probably give you a definitive answer.

Many thanks for looking. I have a few and, as you say, this is the only one that I've seen with this arrangement. It also sounds like ww1 brass plate buckles should also always have brass rollers not steel as steel rollers are only found on steel buckles of late ww1. This makes sense because of the need to economise on brass. Sorry for posting this one as I should have researched more before hand. Anyway useful for others to see I hope.
    Last edited by Bonecollector; 06-01-2019 at 08:52 AM.