Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

WW1/Prussian Fake Buckles

Article about: Chaps We have early era fake thread so I will stick this one and we can use this to post any WW1 or Prussian fake buckles

Default WW1/Prussian Fake Buckles

Chaps

We have early era fake thread so I will stick this one and we can use this to post any WW1 or Prussian fake buckles
    Ben

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW1/Prussian Fake Buckles
    P
    Many

Default Fake Prussian

Here you go, fake Prussian with OLT prongs and overpaint.
    Attached Images Attached Images WW1/Prussian Fake Buckles  WW1/Prussian Fake Buckles  WW1/Prussian Fake Buckles 

Default Fake 1847 Prussian.

A fake 1847 pattern Prussian, apparently sold on eBay a few years ago. It seems like the one in Nash's book is fake also....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW1/Prussian Fake Buckles   WW1/Prussian Fake Buckles  

WW1/Prussian Fake Buckles   WW1/Prussian Fake Buckles  

?

Hi,

I'm new to the trade and was wondering whether anyone could confirm that this is (part) fake? For me, the tell-tell signs are the different metals used and absence of markings (except for the number "100" stamped on the belt). I'd appreciate any comments.

Nick

WW1/Prussian Fake BucklesWW1/Prussian Fake Buckles

Buckle is a fake, belt is a WW2 type would need more pics to say anything about that.
    Ben

?

Thanks, Ben. Could anyone describe why it is a fake, so that I don't make the same mistake twice?

Nick
    Last edited by 1nyro; 03-23-2014 at 03:14 AM.

Single solder hole with fold over tabs is a give away. (although there were apparently some buckles that had this form.) Prongs and catch all look wrong too....

No maker mark is quite common on imperial buckles...

Here are two more fakes, Telegraph buckles. WW1/Prussian Fake BucklesWW1/Prussian Fake BucklesWW1/Prussian Fake BucklesWW1/Prussian Fake Buckles

A fake Marine Telegrapher WW1/Prussian Fake BucklesWW1/Prussian Fake Buckles

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast