Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Minty Wurttemberg Baron Nobility cap for review/info

Article about: Hi!!! Picked up my first imperial german piece and would love some thoughts. Am I right in presuming this is a Wurttemberg Infantry nobility/baron cap? Can anyone educate me a bit on the val

Default Minty Wurttemberg Baron Nobility cap for review/info

Hi!!! Picked up my first imperial german piece and would love some thoughts. Am I right in presuming this is a Wurttemberg Infantry nobility/baron cap?

Can anyone educate me a bit on the value? I don't see these silk nobility crown pieces that much when I was looking.

Minty Wurttemberg Baron Nobility cap for review/infoMinty Wurttemberg Baron Nobility cap for review/infoMinty Wurttemberg Baron Nobility cap for review/infoMinty Wurttemberg Baron Nobility cap for review/infoMinty Wurttemberg Baron Nobility cap for review/info

Looks like a clean, solid Württemberg infantry officer's cap in very good condition. The monogram is for a noble person on par with a knight (the crown is an "adelskrone" coronet for nobility - a baron would have seven points and a count would have nine). Looks like someone added paper or cardboard behind the sweatband at one point, probably to adjust the fit.

Value is hard to nail down, but these usually go for around $300-500 or so.

Much appreciate the helpful insight! sounds like I did well first my first piece! Thankful very much for the knowledge.

Fantastic score....
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”